Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inacuurate Ambient Temp Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 11:20 PM
billgutski
|
Banned
Default Inacuurate Ambient Temp Gauge?

If you thing you ambient air temperature gauge on your flht/c/cu/x is usually wrong your not alone. The good news is there is something you can do!! Your first step to resolving this issue is to take a ride to your local bank(yes,bank) and document the temp reading being displayed on the bank's sign. at this time document the reading of the temp gauge and note the descrepency. If it is greater than 7.5 degrees than repeat this step. repeat up to five times at five differant banks or until reading is less than 7.5 degrees different. After doing this process and you still belive you gauge is inaccurate you may contact HD customer services with your findings as well as your make/model/year/vin#/sexual orientation/mileage/religion and they may authorize replacement of gauge with a like new replacement. they will autho this in or out of warranty. If this seems like to much trouble just fork out the money for an oil temp gauge. at least it serves a purpose.

Old 12-11-2007 | 04:53 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Default RE: Inacuurate Ambient Temp Gauge?

OR you can just move the sensor to where it will read more accurately

Old 12-11-2007 | 05:09 AM
Bigredone
Road Master

or you can throw the piece of sh*t away and replace it with an oil temp gauge.

Old 12-11-2007 | 05:53 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member

Should I refer to you as billgutski or Bill Gutski? I see your posting CRAP under both names. Get a life A$$ CLOWN.

Old 12-11-2007 | 06:10 AM
two dogs
Cruiser

Ol Bill cant seem to make up his mind on his name, bike he rides, or where he lives! Come on Bill, cant you find a place you belong?
We just dont take to trolling around here.

Old 12-11-2007 | 07:35 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain

Sexual orientation? Really! Thinkin' I'll just move mine. Sensor that is.

Old 12-11-2007 | 07:44 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

I just don't care if it works or not. Looks like a pretty dash decoration to me. Got better things to do.

Old 12-11-2007 | 07:49 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior

The biggest problem with my temp guage is that it is so small and the needle is so fat that about all I can tell is that the temp is "somewhere between" like 40 and 50. It actually seems to be reasonably accurate, but its kind of like having a rain guage on a bike....I think if its raining you'll know it.

Old 12-11-2007 | 07:53 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

If I want to know the temp I put the radio on and check the NOAA WX band. As for the hole thats in my fairing where the air temp gauge used to live....it will so be gainfully ocupied by a HD- oil temp gauge. I will have to open up my fairing to install the new Clearview re-curve, JBL replacement speakers, antenna for XM, and oil tempgauge. I would ratherjust open it once do what needs to be done and thats it. No need to have problems with the inner nuts popping out and all that stuff....plus I am just bone lazy!

Old 12-11-2007 | 08:23 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Mine is accurate, useless, but accurate.

Quick Reply: Inacuurate Ambient Temp Gauge?