Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arnott air ride big price drop

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: arnott air ride big price drop

Check the new Arnott 2712 schematic...9.5" compressed to 12" extended. They chose this for good reason.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:02 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just got off with Frank from Arnott, what a great guy to talk to. He said that the shocks are the same, they just don't have the cover over air bladder.They will be available in black within a few weeks. The new controller will be out in a week or so too and looks pretty trick. They also have a touring setup coming out with Alden (not sure on spelling) 11-way adjustable shocks (this setup is already available for the V-Rod). This setup will go for $999 and be available in black or chrome. I found it comforting that they have in the R&D facility pretty much every harley model, quite a few metrics and even a Boss Hoss that they test their products on, so you know they aren't throwing any old non-tested crap out to the market. I will be ordering my system as soon as the black shocks are available. Arnott [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

According to the Arnott website it appears they will not fit an '08 with ABS.AmI readingthis correct?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
driftbuster2
Advanced

Can't wait to see the new controller, sounds great.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

The new lower price is a little different animal, and believe me you want the covers. I saw the controller and played with, it's pretty cool, little big for my taste, I wouldnt want it on my bars, but I am kinda **** about to much stuff on my bars. I am guessing you could mount it somewhere else. I will be back in the shop tomorrow, and get the full scoop. The black shocks been in the works for about couple of months, finally about ready. I have two sets left of the Q's that I bought last week if anyone is interested.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
speedglide
Tourer

Hey Bart, any word on the new shocks and why you recommend the covered shocks??? (other than the dual inlet and pressure control?)

BTW, I emailed you before finding this on prices.....
Thanks
Jason

Old 01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

I see now on their website that they are selling just the shocks for $399! MaybeI could rig up a small compressor to fill them? Been watching another forum where guys are using a $10 compressor to do just that. Finally, it's getting within reach!
Jerry

http://www.arnottairride.com/product...sp?groupId=136

Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer

I am in the same boat as Mopar and I am confused as to what the difference is other than a visual comparison. Someone needs toeducate mefrom a technical aspectwhy they have so many different models now and the price is so much cheaper. Startin to feel like I paid way too much for these [:@]Bart help us out here -

Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
alque
6th Gear

Will fit the 08 RK with ABS, the problem is the placement of the compressor. I was their experiment with my 08 RKC. We ended up putting the compressor in my right side saddle bag. No problems at all. And yes, the guys are great!! I drove my bike there from Clearwater, they installed and I went home.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

They are making some super systems, and I will try tomorrow and unbox a both versions and show you side by side, they both ride great, just PM if you need help, and I will be glad to help. The ABS deal is just were the compressor mounts, the strut is different, I will post up some pics tomorrow, if time allows, if not Saturday for sure.

Quick Reply: arnott air ride big price drop