Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Race Tuner - No Cables

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Race Tuner - No Cables

ORIGINAL: Varooom

Kustombaggers, NCCopBikeRider:
Come on guys. I like to "fiddle". To me working on my bike is almost as fun as riding it.
Yes, a trained professional with a dyno and gas sniffer could do the best job of tuning a SERT, no question there.
However, with that said, I am no professional, and have no dyno. With the cables, CD, and a little bit of time I have my RG running excellent. The recording software works great.
To say that we "customers" should not get the cables because we will mess it up sounds like arrogant crap to me.
I like to tinker, I like to futz, I like to fiddle. I would never ask someone else to fix my mess, I will just work it out. If I cant work on my own bike I might as well get rid of it.
You sound like my local dealer that is pissed because I change my own oil.
Just because I am not a professional tuner does not make me stupid.
Jeezzze, you guys need to get over yourselves.

Doug
I just offered my point of view, directed at questions posted within this thread. Quickly it was takentoo literaland my opinion became overanalyzed and was taken personal. I apologize if you feel it was directed to everyone including yourself.I read my post and I can see how it may have come across that way.

Are motorcycle owners free to tinker, most definitely. I do what I do for a living because I'm that way also. I'd bet moneysome of thesmartest tuners out there are not considered "professionals". They are just passionate about what they do. All the power to you for being able to do your own work, not everyone is able to do so.

Peace
BigJoe

Old 12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like you don't already know, but that is one sweet looking machine BigJoe. Very nice indeedy!

Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 AM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You,

I appreciate that many of you like it, we are also happy the way it turned out. It belongs to ProCharger. It was there shop mule until we got ahold of it. Look for it at ProCharger's booth at all the rallies and events they attend.

Peace
BigJoe

Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
1957buick
Club Member
Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts

I like long road trips. sturgis again next year and then the left coast 3-4 years from now. But with the money invested in my bike i will but the cables and keep the cd in my bike or maybe a copy of the cd if that is possible. I have spent more on beer at an event than the cables cost! Tuner coming this winter. Any ideas on dyno cost?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 PM
streetglidin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NCCopBikeRider
KustomBaggers:

Can't agree with you 100% about customers not needing SERT cables.

With a Twin Scan II and WEGO III bits, the customer can fine tune his/her bike to their own specfic requirements.

A Dyno Tune is a good place to start, but as you know, it is not the final "be all and do all" for all around riding.

We have had race car motors pull good numbers on the dyno, and need to have jet changes during the weekend.
I can understand that,but no jets to change with efi