Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice - best sounding slip-ons - do the exist??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
mayday
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advice - best sounding slip-ons - do the exist??

You've got a bunch of great suggestions already......let me add one more. Someone suggested the "Rush" mufflers to me and boy to they sound great. They have several options with respect to baffle size. The size of the baffle refers to the diameter of the inside portion of the baffle. I went with the 2" and it is pretty aggressive. They have two larger sizes 2.25 and 2.50 if you want a real aggressive sound. Just do a search on "rush muffler" and you will find the site.

BTW - The site give you the opportunity to hear the different sized baffles on an Ultra.....its pretty good.

Good luck

Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 AM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone is interested in a set of Rush slip-ons, I have a brand new set that I am selling. They have the 2.25" baffles and only have 15 miles on them. I bought them to try them, rode the bike to work and back and removed them. They look and sound very nice. The only reason I am selling them is because I already had a set of Hookers and the Hookers sound even deeper and more powerful yet. The Rush is a quality product. I will sell them for $250, and I will even pay the shipping.

Doug

Old 01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
seeg2005
Advanced

Thunder Header slip ons. That's the closest I could get to a good sounding touring bike (04 RKC) without going true duals or 2 into 1.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Ditto! Those pipes are loud my neighbors hates my buddies that have thunderheader on their RKC. But you will get some backfiring with the HD download.
ORIGINAL: dforeid

Thunder Header slip-ons are the ticket.... heard them all and they are the best in my opinion if you want deep throughty sound.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Bill918
Road Captain

A buddy of mine will be getting the V&H slip on 'Turn Downs'. You can listen to them at the V&H website. Bouncing the sound off of the street seems to give you smore noise then sending it straight back into the air.....maybe. The seem louder than my V&H ovals.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:23 PM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bill918

A buddy of mine will be getting the V&H slip on 'Turn Downs'. You can listen to them at the V&H website. Bouncing the sound off of the street seems to give you smore noise then sending it straight back into the air.....maybe. The seem louder than my V&H ovals.

I puts these on my 05 RK Classic and love the sound and the look is very different than all the typical suspects out there, a kinda 50's lowered Merc hotrod look. The HD Stage 1 download seems pretty rich and does produce some decel pop and rumble, kinda sonds like my old big block Chevys did back in the day! All the opinions here are just that............opinions, YOU are the only judge of what sounds best on your bike. Do what I did listen to as much as you can and go from there. A point worth considaring is that the sound on the bike is way different than what folks hear as you go by, heck it's even different with and without the windshield.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:47 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thunderheaders all the way. My dad has Thunderheader slip-ons and it's the best sounding Road King I've ever heard. I have 2-1 Thunderheader and love it, and so do my neighbors