Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag bars on Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
zenwhipper
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag bars on Road King?

this section intentionally left blank

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
zenwhipper
Novice

ORIGINAL: jskwarek

Thanks CreepShow I wasn't on the web this weekend so I am just getting around to this post.

I run the HD Street Slammers they have a slight pull back where traditional drag bars are straight across. I like them a lot, I had apes before, and I liked them as well except for low speed cornering.

Jeff
Awesome! That is what I'm looking for. I really like the total look of your bike. Probably a silly question - but have you ever had the RK windshield on? Did it look goofy with the way your bike is styled?

Thanks
Scott

Old 12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 309 Posts

I have the Street Slammer bars on my RK Classic and you can still fit the stock windscreen and the aftermarket Danny Kaye fairing without any problems. I'm getting my Fatboy front fender painted so I can get installed next.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I rode a bagger once with clipon drag bars set up for bar hopping.It seemed heavy at slow speeds,but it looked great.On the road at speed it was a treat.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

runnin Carlini Cleansweeps on my 05 roadking classic. I love those bars on my bike. It looks clean on my bike. Ill try to get some clean pics for you

Old 11-12-2009, 09:46 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Default roadking with drag bars

i have Carlini 7" Clean Sweeps on my 05 roadking

Attached Thumbnails  Drag bars on Road King?-rkfront.jpg    Drag bars on Road King?-rkcloseup.jpg    Drag bars on Road King?-rkcafefairingrtside.jpg  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by zenwhipper
Does anybody have a pic of a RK with Drag Bars? I'm not much into the Beach bars --- too much pull back.

Grazi!

Scott
You might be talking about something like these, that I removed from my old bike before I got rid of it. Mine is the one with the built in tach mount which I went ahead and installed the silver faced gauge to match the FLHRS. Among many other items, it too is for sale, with the gauge of course. I also used that piece from Harley that replaces the handlebar cover so the new bars can go through it and bolt to the triple tree like normal.
Hope the pics help. Same bike as my sig pic of course.

Attached Thumbnails  Drag bars on Road King?-dscn0579.jpg    Drag bars on Road King?-dscn0590.jpg    Drag bars on Road King?-dscn0588.jpg    Drag bars on Road King?-dscn0587.jpg  

Last edited by Da Butcher; 11-12-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: that last pic, helps if you click on the correct on right? ok, got it.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

Carlini Bag-Drag Bars......

Old 11-22-2009, 02:49 PM
jaxofsons
1st Gear

just went to talk about this very thing yesterday at the dealer ship. i cannot stand the pull back on the stock road king bars. In fact, they actually **** me off. Yes, heritage bars are better. The have less pull back, but still not enough to make me happy. I recommend finding a place with a mandrel pipe bender and bending the bars yourself...for free!!! imagine that, a "free" harley upgrade. is that an oxymoron?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jaxofsons? Really? That screen name is going to get you a bunch of grief around here.....

Quick Reply: Drag bars on Road King?