Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE ISSUE RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE ISSUE RESOLVED

first i will start off that only one other time in my life have i felt obligated to advise viewers on a forum of such bad dealings with a company..... and REVOLUTION is DEFINATELY the second one........

early this summer i bought a complete Revolution 98 inch kit.... made it about 4 months and she died on me on evening... turns out a valve spring broke...we then find that one of the valve guides is totally shot (bronze maganieze) called them up they said send the heads to them and theyll replace the spring.. and the bad guide.i asked if we could switch from the single spring to the dual spring...and use install iron guides... there response is they dont use those springs.. i asked if i aquired other ones if they would put them in after checking to make sure the heads were ok. they stated they would.. i ship the heads and valve springs that i got from headquarters... i get them back... valve guides look like they were cut with a hack saw/ springs were not shimmed and set to proper pressure (there comment is we were told to install them not set pressure) one of the valves was bent and would not move through the guid properly, you could see the gap and a flat table...i call, very upset of the poor quality and lack of attention to detail... they send me a valve... wonderfull, they at least replaced the broken parts except the spring due to me wanting the more reliable dual springs.... but i dont feel good about there quality... local machine shop checks the heads makes it all good...great... lets get the scoot running again.... we ride it for about another three months... BUT im having problems with extreme oil blow by and noisey as all (it was always real noisey but thought thats what you get in the valve train)

so now i decide im gonna do a complete 120 HEAD-QUARTERS build and proceed to tear my bike down for the winter build...

REVOLUTION PERFORMANCES NICKLE PLATED cylinders are SCORED to the point you can feel it with your fingers... and the the pistons are also SCORED and the bottoms of the skirts look like they were buffed to a high shine.... again i call REVOLUTION, they say send us the cylinders and pistons, they will warranty them if they determine the failure is not due to debris in the motor... i send em off...

i get a call they say, we will replace the cylinders free of charge but you will have to buy pistons from us at cost due to the fact the scoring and gouging was from particulate that caused th damage... i stated i do not believe that that i looked and saw not a thing other than alluminum gouge, and nickleseal worn... he asked if i looked at it with a microscope...i then saw where this was going and lost my cool told him how i felt about my entire experience with them and that i was utterly disgusted with it all...i asked what the material was and they couldnt tell me... only that is was i believe they said ferrus...i asked how they new this being the particulates were so small they had to see it through a microscope, they did not answer... we talked and argued for about 5 more minutes and i told him id call back as to what i was gonna do... i calmed down, called back and said go ahead and fix the cylinders and send me back the bad pistons, i wasnt going to send money to them at this point my faith and trust was GONE... they said ok and that was that, still not going to come on here or anywhere and say ANYTHING BUT!!!!!!!!!!

i recieved the package from them today... enclosed was a letter, i thought hmmm, maybe he changed his mind and was willing to do what was right for his customer WRONG!!!!! here is his letter.....

"12-01-2007

Rob,

I have taken the weekend to contemplate not only our last conversation but the conversations that you had with my staff. I tried to offer what i felt was a more than fair "middle ground" compromise based upon our assessment of your parts. Upon offering that compromise at my own expense, you not only called me a liar but cursed at my staff

Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YOU SHOULD BE WARNED! REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE, TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

That is horrible

Old 12-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK,

We get your point and I would be upset too. I'll let the thread go as long as it stays civil. Is there anyone else that can add anything to this. Every company has it's problems. I always like to see more than one opinion.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the heads up. I totaly agree with you and I would have given them a severe tounge lashing also. For them to write you the letter that they did is not only very unprofessional, it underminds the core root of customer service. Although I have never done business with them, I will definatly remember the name and will never do business with them in the future.
I do hope you get your ride back together soon, and with good quality parts from a vendor that will stand behind their work.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,830 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Aren't these the guys thatsupply all the 98 and 107 cylinders/piston kits that HQ and GMR sell? Just wondering...

lp

Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 PM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, **** happens. Is the customer always right? Just sayin', patience & diplomacy can go a long way to resolving a dispute.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Hotpursuit: Lousy head repair, Strike One; scored cylinder, StrikeTwo; and welching on the compromise, Strike Three.[:@][:@][:@]

Personally, even offering toredo your scored cylinder is aninadequate response since you had to tear down the motor and would have to reinstallthe replacement with no compensation or consideration.

As for not replacing the pistons, that's just cheap, considering you had already been through the wringer with the head and cylinder problems.

I've read other reports of their nikasil cylinders scoring, offering customers recoatedcylinders, etc. which iswhy HDFers considering them ususally get a PM with threads and pics showing the problem. Yes, HQ offers them for sale, but does not recommend them to customers.

And it's possible to let someone know you'reangry without profane/abusive language; and, if necessary, apologize for its use.

Hope you get somebetter treatment from RevPerf; perhaps the guy will cool-off and do the right thing by you.

EDIT: Rob, I appreciate your restraint in not bringing to HDFthe head problem you experienced in the summer, their poor performance in "fixing" the head but sending it to you with a bad valve, etc.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Noted. Beware.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warning. Hope you finally get 'er back on the road with a new build.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Billiam92407
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks.I think any of us would be upset. From what was written in the post it looks like it's a company to avoid.
Although... I think this is a case that shows you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar.
Cursing and losing your cool rarely turns out good.

I'm not judging at all.... it's tough to keep your cool when you feel like you are being jerked around.
But if you can keep your cool.... you can usually get some satisfaction.

With all that said.... Good luck on the new build. 120 will be a blast to ride.

Quick Reply: REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE ISSUE RESOLVED