Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE ISSUE RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:35 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YOU SHOULD BE WARNED! REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE, TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

GMR sells their cylinder kits , and I've never heard any complaints dealing with Steve. I found himto be outstanding in service and very helpful with advice.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:34 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the warning, probably would look elsewhere before using them. I will say however that diplomacy goes a lot further then cursing. I've dealt with a lot of customer service issues at my job, bottom line is I don't have to make any compromises in what I do. However depending on the situation and how the complaitant presents themselves I will often go out of my way to help them. However if they are what I would consider abusive to myself or my staff, well then it's "thanks for calling and sorry I can't help you". Just my .02 cents. Of course I do believe if you do try to fix it for the customer then fix it right the first time and honor your word.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 AM
karlrockdrain
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GMR used to stock the 98/107 kits made by RP, but now supply their own kits-they now bore out old cyclinders to use with the 98/107 kits and get their pistons from JE. Unfortunately RP seem to have a number of issues with their Nikasil setups.

karlroockdrain

Old 12-08-2007, 06:37 AM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Billiam92407

That sucks. I think any of us would be upset. From what was written in the post it looks like it's a company to avoid.
Although... I think this is a case that shows you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar.
Cursing and losing your cool rarely turns out good.

I'm not judging at all.... it's tough to keep your cool when you feel like you are being jerked around.
But if you can keep your cool.... you can usually get some satisfaction.

With all that said.... Good luck on the new build. 120 will be a blast to ride.

i actually kept my cool untill i saw they were not going to resolve the matter, and after all the other problems this was a final straw, im typically a pretty calm laid back guy, but it got a little built up over the months of frustration...

im really lookin forward to the HQ 120

Old 12-08-2007, 06:54 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure to post this on all the other forums online............get the word out there and make them pay for their wrong-doing.

Steve

Old 12-08-2007, 07:20 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good post and thanks for the heads up. Sounds like you were more than patient waiting for them to do the right thing. Longer than I would have been. Sounds like the owner was just looking for a way to get out of this and this was it.

Ya think a post like thisis going to cost him A LOT more money than doing the right thing?Word of mouth about a business(good and bad) travels fast and good companies realize this.

If I were thinking about doing a build, I know I'd now avoid these guys.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:48 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

hotpursuit I am sorry for you not getting your scoot on the road and having the short summer you have up there screwed over. I think that any company should not sell a product that will perform with less reliability than the product is designed for. I know, in this case, you were looking for a trouble free product and did not wish to become a test subject. With everything made, there can be some rare problems. When the problem happens over and over again, that is when the company should pull and reevaluate the product. Hope all works out for you....H

Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 AM
gunnert
Road Captain

Thanks for the informative post. I usually don't complain that much when I have an issue with someone that rips me I off. I'm almost always cordial and respective.... until I get out the door. Then, like you, I do my best to let everyone know I have been ripped off. Thanks for the post! I, for one, appreciate it. There are a lot companies producing kits out there today. Most of them are comparable. The minute differences are often measured by cost and customer service...

Old 12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

When you spend a lot of money and lose riding time you become upset easier than if you just spend a lot of money. But what's really disturbing is the original fix comes back Mickey-Moused and probably thrown together by someone lacking mechanical skills.

I appreciate getting the heads-up on bad experience with vendors here, just like appreciate getting good feedback. I've spent lot's of money with people like Fuelmoto based on the info I got here.

That's how it works these days and the vendors should know that. They are savvy enough to sell on the internet because it ups their market, they need to understand they will also see the internet used to spread the word if they don't do a good job providing product and service.

Sounds likeRevolution Performanceis a real loser, thanks for the heads-up.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Skulmn
Road Master

Hey Rob:

Great Post. I was thinking of using them and now I won't even consider them.

Quick Reply: REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE ISSUE RESOLVED