Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag extentions or real extended bags??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bag extentions or real extended bags??

Looking at doing this over the winter, either get something like the Arlen Ness bag extentions or the extended bags for a little more space for tools under the saddlebag luggage on trips. I've seen the Ness styles and the Gator Bagz, wondering what else is out there and if there is any one company that has their products stand out in quality over the others??

Thanks for any help and pics you may have

Old 12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bag extentions or real extended bags??

Get the real extended bags. I would just want the extra assurance that if they toucked the ground or what-have-you that any of the body work would not get messed up. Sell your hard bags which on ebay go for around $750.00 and pick up a set of milwaukee bagger extended bags and have them painted. I am guessing you will be hardly any money out.

www.milwaukeebagger.com

Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Oooo!!! Sell the stockers to recoup some of the money!!! Forgot about that aspect, that makes the cost even better looking than first thought!! THANKS

Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

you got it! The milwaukee baggers bags are great quailty and worth it. I am from milwaukee and every local area bike show about 1/4 of the baggers have these bags on them and I have never heard a bad remark about them yet!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Words of wisdom..... Buy the color matched complete bag assbly (Paint -Install & Prep will kill ya)... Stay away from Ness & Corbin Bags

Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

Words of wisdom..... Buy the color matched complete bag assbly (Paint -Install & Prep will kill ya)... Stay away from Ness & Corbin Bags
Thanks, I know to stay away from Corbin. THEY SUCK!!!

As for the painted stuff, it doesn't matter, getting a paintjob this winter too. Staying with the base black pearl but with some kind of stripe down the center either in metalic yellow or carbon-fiber with a 1inch border to seperate the carbon fiber part from the black pearl. Inner fairings will be painted, the center dash also painted to match. Still up in the air yet, got a couple of months to decide

Old 12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
06glideman
Intermediate

I am currently in the middle of this same project and purchased the ext. from Baddad.com and i have to say they showed up last week and looked great. I droped them and my bags off with a custom paint shop my local hd recomended and my total out of pocket will be $1000.00 thats the ext. and paint! I will post some pics when i get them on should be around 10 days from now.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Chicago did you see these?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2398768/tm.htm

(Just in case)

I'd of got them but my fishtails would look kinda funny.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHicago Spike, the new bag will give you 4 inches of depth in the new bag but only about 2 to 3 inches width because of the support bar. I didn't realixe your bags would fetch that much on resale. Sure makes the others more appealing. I will tell you with my Ness bags they needed a lot of work and modifications to make them fit and make them look symetrical and forget about bolting them on like they say you can. My fender cover came from Milwakee Baggers, Nick is great to work with and answers the phone on Sunday's. Good Luck.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 07FLHRCMarinePatriot

Hey Chicago did you see these?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2398768/tm.htm

(Just in case)

I'd of got them but my fishtails would look kinda funny.

Thanks, I did see them, but I don't have those pipes so I think my V&H Ovals may look wierd in the round cut-outs. I will be calling Milwaukee to inquire about maybe having a set of bags with cut-outs that will look better on the V&H's Ovals.

phat96, I did know that I would only get a small space, but that's OK. The look is the main concern, the added little space will be handy for holding tire puncture kit, air pump, took kit, medical kit under my luggagewhen on long trips.

Quick Reply: Bag extentions or real extended bags??