Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag extentions or real extended bags??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
bigirn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bag extentions or real extended bags??

try www.kustombaggers.com put these on my 06 street glide look real nice.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47706/A5A88071DA7649A293E313753F2A2759.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
bigirn
Tourer

also when your on that site check out the upper bodyfiller panels. the 2 together rellt sets bike off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47706/4869ABFE92A64D769EB1C68C5913C842.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Any more suggestions??

Anyone have these bags??
http://matrixcycleworks.com/Pages/Home.html

Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 AM
chiefparry
Tourer

Does not look likeyou can lean very much with them on. What is the side clearance with these. Look damn nice but I'm sure you have to be careful not to bang them up on the curves or bumpy roads.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 AM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Looking at doing this over the winter, either get something like the Arlen Ness bag extentions or the extended bags for a little more space for tools under the saddlebag luggage on trips. I've seen the Ness styles and the Gator Bagz, wondering what else is out there and if there is any one company that has their products stand out in quality over the others??

Thanks for any help and pics you may have
We have used both methods.If you choose to go to full depth bags ask the manufacture if there are seams andwhere they seamthe bag halves together. If they are bonding multiple molded pieces together the seams end up being the issue where they will warp and show flaws once they are painted. If they seam the bags along the flat slope of the back of the bags that is where there can be an issue. Also how do they finish the inside of the bags? Be sure you ask questions and check the quality of the construction.

Make sure they will stand behind the product if you have issues with seams after paint. We had to pay for a customer to have their bags repaired and repainted when a bag manufacture who will remain nameless would not warranty the construction flaws that ruined the bags and the custom paint. We luckily had a very understanding customer who was patient until we had the problem fixed.

Just keep trying to be an educated consumer.

Peace

Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
rome304
Road Warrior

if your going to upgrade get the real one not extensions.decided to keep my stocks and chrome.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22213/B30842BE73034453AEB868D8BD95E40C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22213/45B963FC2A5949D1BE49BBFDE6B50C1C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: KustomBaggers.com

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Looking at doing this over the winter, either get something like the Arlen Ness bag extentions or the extended bags for a little more space for tools under the saddlebag luggage on trips. I've seen the Ness styles and the Gator Bagz, wondering what else is out there and if there is any one company that has their products stand out in quality over the others??

Thanks for any help and pics you may have
We have used both methods.If you choose to go to full depth bags ask the manufacture if there are seams andwhere they seamthe bag halves together. If they are bonding multiple molded pieces together the seams end up being the issue where they will warp and show flaws once they are painted. If they seam the bags along the flat slope of the back of the bags that is where there can be an issue. Also how do they finish the inside of the bags? Be sure you ask questions and check the quality of the construction.

Make sure they will stand behind the product if you have issues with seams after paint. We had to pay for a customer to have their bags repaired and repainted when a bag manufacture who will remain nameless would not warranty the construction flaws that ruined the bags and the custom paint. We luckily had a very understanding customer who was patient until we had the problem fixed.

Just keep trying to be an educated consumer.

Peace
Thanks Kustom, I appreciate the time you gave me for that answer and I have a question. I have been to your site a few times looking at goodies for my ride but I haven't seen any extended bags, unless I messed them. But right now I have Milwaukee and Matrix bags as 2 that I have narrowed it down to. Heard any news, good or bad, about these?

Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Someone should offer an exchange.....send your bags inand get ones that are already finished. Still trying to decide myself if I want to go the stretched route.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Ness Deep Bags. I think they were made by Corbin for Ness. (They came in a Corbin box). It took a lot of work to make them right. No mounting holes were drilled in them and the markings of where to drill the holes was poor. It took too much time and money to make these right and I am still not completely satisfied with them.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:38 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nice RK! Have a rear shot of it?

Quick Reply: Bag extentions or real extended bags??