Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawg Wired Installed - And Ecstatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:12 PM
chuckk01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hawg Wired Installed - And Ecstatic

Anybody try the amp from biketronics (titan 150 watts). I'm looking to get an amp. for my bike but unsure which one to choose.
All comments welcome.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM
trapperdog
Intermediate

FLHTim, Just finishied up the install on my 07 FLHTCUSE2. If you use HW speakers in the rear pods you will have to cut and splice 4 wires in the radio main harness. If not, it's all plug and play. I added the speaker kit to my lowers also, and decided to keep my oem speakers in the rear pods. No splices required. Can't fade from fairing to lowers, but can fade front to back. I havent road tested yet as I am installing the detachable tour pack but I am very happy with the clairity of the new system over the oem. I too had to increase the gain slightly over the high end recomended settings to getthe volume up asothers have suggested.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When installed correctly this system ROCKS! They include installation instructions for a reason as men we refuse to read them..........They have excellent customer service for those of us who dont read the instructions!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
FLHTim
Cruiser

trapperdog, did you shoparound for the best deal and if you could what was your total price?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
trapperdog
Intermediate

FLHTim, Not really, I just checked out the ones on ebay but there were no Cx speakers there. I did get the system from a member on the CVO forum who has his own repair shop and gives 10% off to members there. (cvoharley.com) I chose to buy from him because he will talk you through the entire installation if needed at no charge. I did not need him for that, but he did spend about an hour on the phone with me before my purchase answering the system and other bike related questions. For me personally, information is well worth what I might have saved on ebay for this prodject. His name is Jim but goes by hd-dude on the forum. His website is http://www.ljsgroup.net/
I ended up gettingfour cx504-70 speakers, psc 3004 4 channel amp system and the lowers mounting kit (can't remember the #) and paid alot.