Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Trider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding what to do. I would love some feedback good or bad on the SE's. I long distance ride a lot and like the sound of the Rush pipes BUT am afraid that after hours on the highway they would begin to get old. My dealer says they dont even carry the SE's in stock because they are not loud enough. BUT I'm thinking they are probable just right for me. I'm looking for a more open pipe with a better sound than stock. I'm doing the stage one with the instalation of the mufflers. Anybody agree or disagree with me thinking the SE's will be OK?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

1 out of 8 would say they like them.
I went with SuperTrapp SE's 3 Db's louder than stock

this is tuff for individual tastes... good luck

Old 12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

From what I've heard the SE slipons are no louder sounding then the stock pipes. I'm looking into the Rush pipes also.But I would like to keep every thing else stock if possible. Jrsess

Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

I like them for that reason aswell. How much louder then stock?,,,a little, Sound better then stock?,,,absolutely.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

I put the SE slip-ons and a stage one on mine and like it. They are louder than stock but not too load for long rides. Maybe I'm getting old but they sound great to me.

I went on a poker run with some friends about a month ago. When I was pulling out of the gas station with 2 old shovels running straight pipes one of them, friend of mine, says ' hey that thing thing running' Ha Ha Ha. I told him I'd turn up the radio so he could hear me.

Funny thing is after riding with em for the day, I liked my pipes even better.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers on my Road King and really liked them. They are a little louder than stock and have a deeper tone. Out on the highway they have a nice tone that does not get tiresome. Around town, when getting on the throttle, they really sound great.

I outfitted mine with the fishtail endcaps and really liked the look. The chrome was good and they were better finished than the stock pipes.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can get the rush with 1 1/2 baffel if you want it pretty quiet. The 1 3/4 baffel ain't 1/2 bad. I think the supertrapp is a great slip on pipe.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two piece SE street performance mufflers (64985-07 and -07A) are a little louder than stock and deeper sounding. The one piece SE street performance mufflers (80491-07) are just a bit louder than the two piece mufflers.All three sets of SE mufflers are better flowing than stock mufflers and have a little growl to them around 3000 RPM under WOT or heavy acceleration. All of these SE mufflers get a little louder as the miles build up.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
rde
Road Captain

My advice is to listen around for different slip ons and see what appeals to you. I have Screamin' Eagle slip ons 80491-07 and the sound is perfect for me. I had the old Screamin' Eagle II's on my Wide Glide and I had to use ear plugs on long rides.
What is too loud for me might be perfect for you-listen around and you'll find something you like.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
bikergar
Cruiser

I may have lost a little low end preformance (I didn't gain any) with SE's on a stock 07. I was dissappointed with the sound just after I put them on but give them a thousand miles and they will develope a nice throaty bark. Great road pipe.

BG

Quick Reply: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08