Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

chuck,, i would say they are a little louder than HD SE's..
but is not a BAARRRK loudness,, it sounds more like a fffarrt

Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

way to quiet.... save the money and leave it stock

Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Mr D
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Trider, If you are interested, I am forwarding you a listing that I have on the forum, I have 5 sets of different slip-ons and these were only used very little, if interested PM me and I will take $300.00 for them, Tom

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2443086/tm.htm

Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had alot of exhaust issues with my 06 RKC. I bought my bike as a dealership demo with the active performance exhaust... Dont ever waste your money.. Worse system ever.

The dealership offered to replace the system with any SE system I wished. I ended up getting the 8049X-07 (x replaced by 0 slash out and 1 slash down). I was so impressed with these. They are definatly louder then stock and have a much deeper sound. They are definatly not overpowering either. I can ride for hours highway or backroads and still hear my wife speak to me (not always a good thing i,m sure)

I went with the 1 piece style for 2 reason.

1. They were new and improved for 07 and are the closest to SE II and still street leagal.
2. The 2 piece end pieces seem have some issues with the chome, with pitting and chipping. I had 2 sets of end pieces replaced (under warrante) in the 1.5 years they were on the bike.

2 thumb up for the SE 8049X-07 slip ons

Frank

Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

I haven't seen the slash out ona bike, anyone have a pic of them on a bike? Pic on HD site makes them look straight.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a video/sound clip of the SE Street Performance Slash outs, they sound similiar to the new modified Rush muffler system made & sold by Fuel Moto. If your interested in seeing/hearing and reading up on the Rush system go to the Fuel Moto website.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...=SEExhaust.flv

Old 01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Mandog
Road Master

I just don't understand the need to have loud pipes on a touring bike. I just picked up my Ultra Classic and had the SEslip onswith the sert installed. Runs great and sounds fine.
I guess it's easyfor to say sound doesn't matter when I have two other bikes that wake the dead.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer

I was at the dealership last weekend and they had two 08 Road Kings sitting side by side. One had stock exhaust and the other had the SE 1 piece slip ons. I actually got to listen to both bikes, one right after the other. The SE pipes are a little louder (maybe 1.5 to 2 points out of 10)but sounda tonbetter. They have a deeper, smoother(?)sound. I'm thinking a Fullsac kit with the SE pipes is in my near future. Then I can use that SERT that's been sitting in my garage.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Mandog

I just don't understand the need to have loud pipes on a touring bike. I just picked up my Ultra Classic and had the SEslip onswith the sert installed. Runs great and sounds fine.
I guess it's easyfor to say sound doesn't matter when I have two other bikes that wake the dead.
Which SE's did ya get?

Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: billybobsrk

Here's a video/sound clip of the SE Street Performance Slash outs, they sound similiar to the new modified Rush muffler system made & sold by Fuel Moto. If your interested in seeing/hearing and reading up on the Rush system go to the Fuel Moto website.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...=SEExhaust.flv
Cool, thanks billy, they sound nice and I guess I like the looks of the two piece or slash downs better than the slash out. I have heard the slashes (one piece) sound a touch louder, which I would like but I kind of like the two piece options in look.

Quick Reply: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08