Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Trider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08

Thanks for the responses. Somewhere I read that the SE's were a little louder for the 08's than the 07's. Don't know if that's true. HD has tamed them down since 06. I'm still up in the air about what to do. The worst that can happen is try Rush and see. If too loud then move to SE. It's a little maddening thinking of what to do without being able to try first.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
fltr07
4th Gear

i installed the SE street performance touring mufflers, along with the stage 1 intake and ECU upgrade, it has a little more sound upon a hard excelleration, not to loud, but noticable improvment in power, so far im happy with it, time will tell

Old 12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

on my 2004 ultra i took off my se pipes and put on rush with 2 or 2 1/2 inch opening
i got much more volumn and about 10 percent increase in gas milage and noticable performance improvement
think before you go to se slip ons

Old 12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your concerned that the Rush mufflers might be to loud for you,(I've read of several who think they'reloud) then I wouldn't waste the money. You might want to do a search on this forum, as your doing now to see what's out there; Some like the Supertrapp SEs or the 2 into 1s and others like the S & S Ovals.Personally, I'm thinking about the the SE Street Performance (1 piece) Touring mufflers and wondering if they'd be any louder than my Harley Touring Mufflers or about the same.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very subjective topic. I've tried Rush 2.0 and 1.75. Both too loud for me and sounded "tinny". Then went to V&H Ovals. Much better sound but still too loud for me. Finally went with e SE Street Performance (64985-07A) and find them to be perfect for me. Nice deep sound and volume was midway between stock and Ovals. YMMV

Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As other have posted, a little louder and deeper than stock. Only you can decide if they are what you want.

I just put the Rineharts slip-ons on my SG and think they sound good but a little pricey.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

The new2 piece and 1 piece SE slips might be a different size. The 2 piece lists as 4 inch cans, nothing stated about the 1 piecesize but Ithink theymay be smaller. You would think the larger would be louder and maybe perform better. I have heard one piece sound louder (better) Anyone know size of 1 piece? Does one tune orperform better?

Old 12-29-2007, 07:04 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

As long as I can still hear the music the pipes aint too loud. I am going with the Rinehart True Duals on my SG as soon as it starts to warm up outside. I know how they sound already, because quite a few of the guys who I ride with have them.
What you need to do is this.....ride next to someone who's bike is close to the sound your looking for. Take into consideration things like the load on the engine, how much throttle is getting applied, and if the bike your listening to still has the original baffles in the mufflers (sometimes people will remove or otherwise modify them). You actually need to ride right next to the person though....try not to get ahead or behind, but right along side to hear it right....and its best if your helmet dont cover your ears to get a true feeling for the sound level. Go from there.....but dont rush into anything. Take your time and make your choice wisely.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:10 AM
alqaadir
Tourer

Only you can decide.I had the SE 64985-07 with end caps installed on mine beforeI picked it up and listen to them. I gave it2500 miles and just wasn't happy because they weretoo quiet for my taste. Changed to the Rush 2.0s and love them. Same look.Unless you got the money to spareI would wait to you hear the pipes you want at a gathering.Then go for it.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:19 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I had the rush slash cut mufflers on my sg and they sounded pretty good (nottoo loud on acceleration but quiet tooon the road)another member just bought them from me because I went with rineharts true duals (love the look and sound)...

Quick Reply: Sceamin Eagle slips ons for Ultra 08