Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush/Fuel Moto custom baffles

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rush/Fuel Moto custom blaffles

Wow, What a cool idea. I have the 1.5's with true duals and been disappointed with torqueafter installing the true duals. Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out that old crossover and call Jamie. Rush sells something similar that I've sold to customers called race baffle,kinda the same idea but looks like Jamie really did his homework on this deal.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: cardboard

You can save 100.00 on Ebay at American Classic motors on Ebay on the Rush pipes if yer interested. They just take their time shipping.
Actually, their price is higher. Do an Ebay search on "Harley Rush mufflers" and you'll get a number of hits from ACM, but some of these are not Rush mufflers. Those selling for <$200 are an unspecified brand, if you'll read the description, and the word "Rush" is used in the subject I suppose to attact hits for Rush muffler searches and/or fool you into believing they are the real thing. E.g., this subject line: "Slip-on Mufflers Harley Touring - Rush While They Last!" or "Slip-on Mufflers Air Cleaner 00-06 Harley Deuce Rush !" They have some auctions for Rush mufflers, but they start at $309, $9 higher than Fuel Moto for the standard-baffle design. In their auctions for the cheaper mufflers they say "Take a close look & see who the manufacturer is!!!!", but nowhere in the auction is there mention of the brand, at least nowhere that I could find.

What you don't get from ACM is (1) customer service and (2) PCIII maps from dyno tunes on a bike like yours. Do a search on this forum for "American Classic Motors" and you'll hear horror stories from people who've had trouble with them after the sale, mostly selling items described for a certain bike model but in fact not. I've purchase two items from ACM in the past and had no trouble with them, but reports are the problems begin when you try to get customer service, and I probably will steer clear of them in the future. Fuel Moto's customer service is second to none.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: extech

Wow, What a cool idea. I have the 1.5's with true duals and been disappointed with torqueafter installing the true duals. Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out that old crossover and call Jamie. Rush sells something similar that I've sold to customers called race baffle,kinda the same idea but looks like Jamie really did his homework on this deal.
You could probably mount your old head pipes, buy the new baffles, sell your True Duals on Ebay, and come out ahead--both monetarily and performance-wise.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, one of my buddies I work with just stepped of my "Jamie modified" 07 RKC......I let him test ride it and told him to 'hit it!"

He was seriously impressed....He has a new 07 UC and now wants the same mods.....He can't believe the difference for the money.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

Well, one of my buddies I work with just stepped of my "Jamie modified" 07 RKC......I let him test ride it and told him to 'hit it!"

He was seriously impressed....He has a new 07 UC and now wants the same mods.....He can't believe the difference for the money.

You are so lucky I put my baffles in my pipes. they sound great. To bad I can't ride it until the snow melts. I glad to hear about the improved power.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Thirdup
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I noticed that Jamie has the new kits (with video) on the Fuelmoto site.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

I agree, Fuel Moto's new package was likely the best bang for the buck modification I have made to any of my bikes. I cannot express how impressed I am with this setup. It puts a smile on my face every time I hit the starter button.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Lenyaw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are already on order &should be in Friday.

Can't wait for the weekend!! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Weather is supposed to be in the low 70's with two scheduled charity toy rides.

It doesn't get any better than this!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey iclick or yodaddykeith! It's been the better part of a month now. Any update on the FM power pack? Looks like you did quite a bit of finetuning the fuel mixture, messing around with mileage and temps. Was it absolutely necessarry? How about straight from the package?

What are your thoughts now after running it for a few weeks? I really have the itch and wanted to see what you guys are now thinking?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mvinc01

Hey iclick or yodaddykeith! It's been the better part of a month now. Any update on the FM power pack? Looks like you did quite a bit of finetuning the fuel mixture, messing around with mileage and temps. Was it absolutely necessarry? How about straight from the package?

What are your thoughts now after running it for a few weeks? I really have the itch and wanted to see what you guys are now thinking?
I'm as enthusiastic now as last month when I wrote the initial report. I was expecting a louder exhaust note, but was happy to find that it was in fact quieter than the 1.75's I had installed originally. Performance is noticeably better throughout the range, so it's a win-win proposition for me--quieter and better performance without losing the deep exhaust note. It might be too quiet for some, but I doubt if most will find it anything but perfect if you value good stereo reception and the lack of ringing in your ears after a long ride.

I'm still running the map I posted earlier, which is a tweak of the low-end of Jamie's original map to achieve better mileage, including bumping ignition advance +3° in the cruise range. Jamie tunes for performance and cooling, and all of his maps will assuredly degrade mileage. I watch oil temps closely and am having no problems with this tweak in these cool air temps. In summer I'll probably keep this map but will be able to switch to the original rich map on the fly when going gets slow in hot weather. I can do this with the multifunction hub and map switch. It is a tad leaner than a map I used all last summer when oil temps only hit 230° twice, so I don't expect any trouble. When temps get above 210° while running the leaner Map 1 I'll switch to Map 2. With the exception of some slightly irregular running when cold at part throttle (e.g. the cruise range where it's leaned the most), which clears up after warm-up, I can't tell any difference in the way the bike runs switching between these two maps on the fly.

Quick Reply: Rush/Fuel Moto custom baffles