Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush/Fuel Moto custom baffles

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Rush/Fuel Moto custom blaffles

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

Perhaps Rush has been paying attention........I've been searching like crazy but I can't find the site where I saw it.

There is some guy with a dyno who discovered a little extra boostwhen he held a screwdriver shaft across the azz end of the muffs...From there he started welding a steel bar of acertain diameter across the exit ends....Then other guys started coping his efforts by drilling holes and installing long bolts thru the end or their pipes.

THAT is what I recalled when I saw the "grab bars" on your baffs.....I figured Jamie had learned of the trick and tried it on yours.

I just wish I could find that site so's I could link you to it.
It's interesting that Jamie thought removing the bars might be advantageous, but he nixed the idea of testing the kit without them because he thought it wouldn't make much difference either way. He also thought it would be a good thing to retain the bars for easier removal of the baffles.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:39 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i just added 3/8 bolts near the end of my 1.75 Rush baffles. it is a bit quieter. old drag racer trick has been around a long time. i found my 1.75s to be louder than my 60 year old helicopter worn ears like. with the addition of the bolts its a bit mellower and not so harsh climbing some of the long grades here in the North alabama "mountains".

Old 12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

i just added 3/8 bolts near the end of my 1.75 Rush baffles. it is a bit quieter. old drag racer trick has been around a long time. i found my 1.75s to be louder than my 60 year old helicopter worn ears like. with the addition of the bolts its a bit mellower and not so harsh climbing some of the long grades here in the North alabama "mountains".
Did it cut down on the raspy bark when accelerating?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
roadieboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iclick, Great writeup. Thanks for the great detail and photos. This forum is required reading if someone wants to know more about their bike....

Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 AM
teethandnails
Intermediate

Good write up. Those are impressive numbers for a stock touring 96. I have seen them making 70hp and 90ft lbs completely stock. They are barely making that kind of power with true duals, racer, tuner, and s.e. air cleaner kit.

David

Old 12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: teethandnails

Good write up. Those are impressive numbers for a stock touring 96. I have seen them making 70hp and 90ft lbs completely stock. They are barely making that kind of power with true duals, racer, tuner, and s.e. air cleaner kit.
True duals actually hurt overall performance, so I would be surprised to see a stock engine so equipped with numbers like this. People like them for the appearance, heat issue on right leg, and sound (stereo). This Fuel Moto kit channels even more exhaust to the right, which functionally emulates a 2-into-1 system but retains the stock dual-pipe look that some of us like. It is also a much cheaper alternative than either 2-into-1 or true duals.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:14 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Iclick thanks for the great review. Did you hava a chance to check MPG vs. Map 2D that you were running yet?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
hdramon07
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered a pair of thecomplete Rush/Fuel Moto mufflersfor my ultra. I'm hoping they will be quieter than my V&H Ovals, especially at highway speeds. The sound clip at Fuel Moto sounds awesome.

I figured that I would end up trying 2 or 3 different exhausts before I found one that I really liked andthat my not-so-young ears could tolerate. Thank goodness for eBay.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well................Jamie's FuelMotocustom made Rush slipon's and kit is installed.
Yehaw!

That sucker RUNS!

AND it sounds GOOD!

Thank you Jamie!

OK,OK......The sporty is NEXT!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Thanks for the info. I'mlooking forward to trying this setup. BTW my Rush 1.75's have the grab bars in them so they are a Rush thing.

Quick Reply: Rush/Fuel Moto custom baffles