Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer, stealer or worse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007 | 06:57 AM
Billiam92407
|
Tourer
Default Dealer, stealer or worse?

A recent thread about dealer sales and service made me wonder how many of us feel about our local dealership.

Old 12-01-2007 | 07:34 AM
Longtimegone
Road Captain
Default RE: Dealer, stealer or worse?

The dealers in my area are all good to very good, but I always try to avoid depending on any dealer whether its my bike or truck. They are in business to make money, which I fully support, but I always prefer to save a few bucks for me. From reading a lot of the gripes about dealers, I believe that they are often, but not always, coming from harley owners who really don't have a clue. Capitalism will always weed out the bad ones and bring the good ones to the top. Just don't put up with anyone you might deal with who doesn't have a good customer attitude!

Old 12-01-2007 | 07:48 AM
jackja25
Road Captain

My dealer is OK, I have 4 in the area. Cant really prove much but sometime 7-8 months ago I took one of my bikes in for maintenance. They took care of everything, told me I needed front brakes and that I had a leak in the rear cylendar (actually used others words that I dont remember). I told them I didnt understand so they showed me. There was a small amount of oil that looked blown out. I asked them how long it would take to fix and they said approximately three hours. At this point I didnt have any more time. So I said I would take care of it at a later time. I went home and wiped it off. And for the next 12k miles nothing. I have since sold that ride. Cant really prove much, but I think I was set up. So even though I bought my latest bike from them. I am trying to use a indy that I found and myself.

Old 12-01-2007 | 07:56 AM
sugarbear
Road Master

My dealer is very good and is suportive of our hog group. We were taking a trip one time and had ordered some kuryakyn stirrups for my wifes bike. They didn't come in, he had a tech go in the back and remove a set from a used bike for us to use until we got back.

Old 12-01-2007 | 09:15 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

my dealer is always haveing parties,bands,vitals. They are a small to medium small size dealership and I do understand that can be more challenging sometimes. They may not be able to throw the gift cards around like frizz-bees, but I have had no problems with customer service.

Old 12-01-2007 | 09:32 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

not many prob's in the North

Old 12-01-2007 | 10:04 AM
txcop2000
Banned

I think we all know how I feel!

JUST SAY[sm=signs006.gif]TO CTHD!!

Old 12-01-2007 | 12:25 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member

We only have one dealership in Boise. It waspurchased from to originalowner a couple of years ago.The new ownerbuilt this new mega dealership next to the interstate and closed the original.
It's disgusting he took or Harley shop and has turned it into a freekincar dealership.
Everytime you go in it has all new employees because the guy is such a bean counter that he fires everyone. You go to the parts counter and the only people working there are a bunch of dumb *** kids, you can't ask a question of anyone down there an get an answer because they are all new employees.
I thought about doing the IDS thing at one time and inquired about the Elbow Grease promotion, well after they finally admitted that there was a promotion they jacked the price up on the labor and since they knew I was a HOG member and got a 10% discount on the part they jacked the price up 10% above retail on it also.
On there behalf they do have a hell of a good Dyno guy, he works miracles.

Old 12-01-2007 | 12:53 PM
ezlife
Road Master

There areabout 8here in NY/LI all within about 50-75m.

All decent people, decent service. No real incentives/giveaways in this area. They'll all usually throw ya something small on a sale, all have their own discounts from time to time. Never got anything but professional attitudes from any of them. But, I do all my own maintenance and mods, so have never really needed them for anything. Never needed any warranty work on my '07 FLHRC.

Parts guys are always helpful and staff is always willing to help out with something when I'm in any of them for anything.

Anybody ever get any different service here in NY/LI?

All = Dealers

Ez

Old 12-01-2007 | 12:56 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually have likes and dislikes about a few different dealers. I've got one close to home that has a very friendly says staff and I really like their parts department, however I'm not a big fan of their service department. Then I have another that I think I get really good service work done, but their other areas are lacking.

Quick Reply: Dealer, stealer or worse?