Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer, stealer or worse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007 | 01:04 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Dealer, stealer or worse?

Downhere in the miami area there are 2 dealers in one county (dade) and four in (Broward county) they are all within 50 mile radius the two that I personally deal with great people, bbq's, parties, involved in the communitty rallies etc but no discounts everything msrp ++ and not really willig to make deals. Last thing that took place we were looking to buy three new bikes, my self and two buddies all three of us with our checkbooks in our pocket and ready to spend 60k between all three bikeS believe or not not one of the dealers in the area had any interest is MAKING A DEAL. They dont see the big picture they rather pay floor plan for those bike rather than give a bit of a discount and move the three untis to be able to get their factory objective which will get bonus based of units sold.

Dont ask me how I know I just do......

22 years in the automotive industry....

If we get three people trying to buy three units from us I will do anything in my power to move the metal and at least make a buck and not just sit there and watch 60k go out the door. Fortunetly we did not buy new and got two great deals buying from people that just bought bikes for garage ornaments and took a huge beating by selling to us...[8D][8D]Second friend still looking and we know we will find a great one for him as well, good thing is he still has his road king...

Old 12-01-2007 | 01:11 PM
Scootr
Road Master

The only issue I have with the dealers I have dealt with is that they charge way to much and hosethe newbies. I know a lot more now and wouldn't make the same mistakes. I got a decent deal on the bike but got a little hosed on the "stage 1" and backrest ect. that I did before I picked it up. I didn't do enough research but it was a waist of money. They sold it like it was a lot of labor etc and I think they charged like a grand. Come to find out they pretty much just slapped the Rush mufflers on and did the download. No a/c etc. Now that I have the big sucker, pcIII with the Rush I wish I would have picked up the bike stock and did all my own work. Oh well live and learn I just don't like taking advantage of people just because I can.

Old 12-01-2007 | 01:25 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

The first time I went to a dealer to buy a Heritage Softail in 2000 I went to the Allen, TX dealer.
Boy, what a mistake. By the time I got finished there I wanted to take a shower. I had cash. They wanted to flip me into another bike etc. They told me and I mistakenly believed that I couldn’t buy one from another zip code cause they check your license (ya stupid me). I was so upset by the time I was through. While driving home I heard an Indian commercial. Went by their place and bought one, 2000 Indian Chief. Was always wanting my Harley. This time I went to Carrollton Texas Harley and man what a difference. Paid cash again and am real happy. What a difference in sales staff and overall attitude in the way they deal with their customers.
Now after being on the forum I have learned so much.
All I have to say is "thank you guys"!

Old 12-01-2007 | 03:08 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

There are 5 dealers within 75 miles of where I live. There are another 10 within 150 miles. My dealer of choice, Hampton Roads Harley Davidson has been top quality with sales, service and any issues I had were always addressed and dealt with to my satisfaction in a professional way as soon as they were brought to somebody's attention. I cannot say enough good about them. I get regular discount on parts and cloths, they have a great clearance section with deep discountrs and I have never failed to get more than I bargained for from the professionally staffed service department. I do not mind paying a little more sometimes because of the way I am treated. I guess it is safe to say they have earned my trust. and if you got my trust, you got my business. As far as aftermarket stuff, parts and whatnot, Bart (shooter64 on this forum) is thwe same way, straight up!

Old 12-01-2007 | 03:16 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior

My dealer has been perfect every step of the way. No complaints.

I'm treated like a king everytime I go there.

These guys set the bar for other dealerships, IMHO.

Old 12-01-2007 | 04:20 PM
tbrown2
Cruiser

I have been lucky with my dealer, CTHD. They have treated me well from the sale to service, parts and motor clothes. They are great supporters of our local HOG chapter and local charity events. I havealso been to some of the other localdealerships when I needed a part and couldn't wait for it to be ordered. These dealerships have also treated me courteously and with the professionalism you expect from a business.

Old 12-01-2007 | 04:41 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Dealers in San Diego suck BIG time. If I have work I can't do I have an Indy shop close to my work that is pretty good.(Cyclevisions) The Dealer closest to my house is by far the worst and I won't go there for anything at all.

Old 12-01-2007 | 06:38 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

Personally, I don`t feel that I have ever been screwed over by any Harley-Davidson dearlerthat I`ve ever dealt with. I have found all of them to bebetter than any car, truck, or tractor dealer that I have everdone business with. I have had more than one really go above and beyond what they had to do in the last 25 years to keep, or toget me back on the road. Isurely hope thisdoesn`t change now!