Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Fascia on 04 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
crashbike310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide Fascia on 04 Road Glide

Spend a few hours and a few beers putting together the following
1. Street Glide Fascia (special thanks to Chicago Spike, Rocket Jockey, Harley Ping Man, and Montermile for all their responses to my questions)

2. Weekend concepts License plate bracket (looks good but mine was a PITA to install)

3. Supper trapp slash cut exhaust tips for Screaming Eagle pipes

4. Lay down tail light with clear on bottom from Ebay

5. Harley filler piece to fill in the holes where the plate used to go on the support tube. (by the way it does not come with the screws. I found that out the hard way) Also put on black saddle bag latches and found that they do not come with the reflectors. This upset me as nothing is mentioned in the 2008 catalog about needing to order that part seperatly and shows it as one unit on line.

6. ***** G Derby Cover

Pic of old

Pic of New Derby cover

Pic of new rear complete

Here is the break down of how the night went.

Parts Used for the Street Glide Fascia conversion (to convert 2004 RG) Zanotti

2 screws 3596 (screw light to fascia) $1
1 fascia 59739-06dh $63.64
2 grommets for fascia holes for two up detach tour pac 59778-06 $3.30
1 support fascia 59790-06 $6.98
2 stud plates 59818-06 $15.12
1 tip light assy 69375-06 $49.34
6 nut flange 7499 $6.60

1st removed bags, two up supports for tour pack, and fender bracket under fender. Then put blue tape on the fender to protect paint. Removed antenna as I had installed the eglide goodies hidden antenna in the fairing a few nights prior. Placed antenna in box of extra harley parts

2nd attach light to fascia with the two screws, then attach the fascia and support fascia under fender and reattach fender bracket holding the fascia up. Install grommets into fascia holes

3rd start to mark up fascia with the fascia installed at the bottom of the fender and reinstalled two up support for tour pack through the two grommet now installed in the fascia (helps mark up the fascia location to help ensure it is straight before drilling holes in the fender.

4 finish marking up (dry fitting the fascia in place)

5 once it looks good, tape fascia into place measure 2-4 times to make sure even and marke fascia mounting holes with a pen or marker over the blue tape that is covering your fender.

6. remove fascia and everything again

7. place a scrap piece of wood between the fender and the rear tire. This will protect the tire from the drill bit (when it goes through the metal fender) and stable the rear fender for drilling. Check you six pen markings to make sure the spacing is correct with the stud plates (look like a metal bar with three evenly spaced threaded bolt welded to it). Once you are sure you have the spacing correct continue to step 8

8 carefully Drill out the holes one at a time with a small drill bit. The painter's tape will help the bit from wandering. If you need more security you can tape a small washer over your drilling point and the inside diameter of the washer will keep the drill bit from moving around.

9 increase bit size to one that will allow bolts welded to the stud plates to fit through the rear fender.

10 after the 6 holes are drilled check with stud plate to make sure holes line up with stud plate bolts. If not, file holes a little till the stud plate fit. Touch up bare metal with touch up paint to protect against rust.

11 removed the painter's tape and reinstalled the fascia as in step 2 and 3. Open

Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Fascia on 04 Road Glide

Nice work, looks great!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks awesome. This is something thatI have been looking into doing on my rk custom. Good work.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks great; you do nice work. Glad to help.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Haven't seen that on a Street Glide before. Very nice touch.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
crashbike310
Cruiser

Harleypingman Thanks again for your help

tda69- it's a street glide fascia (ground effect kit) on a 2004 Road Glide. I do not have a street glide. Thanks

Old 12-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice looking mods!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Very nice.Thats the wonder of Beer!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: crashbike310
5. Harley filler piece to fill in the holes where the plate used to go on the support tube. (by the way it does not come with the screws. I found that out the hard way) Also put on black saddle bag latches and found that they do not come with the reflectors. This upset me as nothing is mentioned in the 2008 catalog about needing to order that part seperatly and shows it as one unit on line.
Can you buy thatHD fillerpiece seperately or did it come as part of something else ?
(where did you get it ?)

Looks great !

Old 12-01-2007, 08:08 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

It comes as part of kit 53702-04A, not sure if you can buy it on it's own or not.

However I have removed that bar completely and installed lights from auto-gem, that are intended specifically to replace that whole bar and light when you apply the brakes.

Hope to post pictures soon!

Quick Reply: Street Glide Fascia on 04 Road Glide