Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmon Kardon radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 PM
08 FLHT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harmon Kardon radio

Hello
I am new to the forum. I have done some searches on the HK radio and now I am a little worried because i purchased one of these radios before I found the forum so now i am wondering if I should sell it and go aftermarket? Does anyone know any good posts about radio install? I have found several about speakers.
Thanks
Robert

Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
PEZ
Tourer
Default RE: Harmon Kardon radio

Hey there

Since you already have the radio you may want to keep it. If its a "virgin" your dealer will have to program the radio or the radio will beep loud every few seconds--who the hell thought that up (shareholders????)

Anyways--Many guys with standards use the Biketronics package--for under $500 you get everything you need and its pretty much plug and play. The Sonyradiowould easily get sat radio as well, andpower rears if you wanted to add a tour pak etc. The Sony would be controlled via the stock handle bar switches---however, you would lose the stock look of the fairing inner

If you look on the auction sites, you would probobly be able to sell your HK, and get an entire Biketronicssystem, and have a few bucks left over

I may be interested in the HK for that matter. Need another one for a display were doing........

Anyways-these are what I see as the real world options-hope this helps--PEZ

Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 PM
08 FLHT
Novice

Thanks for the info PEZ. Are you the hogtunes guy. If so I just purchased someof your speakers.
Thanks
Robert

Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
tcp
Cruiser

pez, do you have a link to the sony radio so i could check it out? i just got the hog tunes speakers and may want to upgrade my system, having a radio that gets sat is a big plus...