Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:36 AM
tj40kman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you park in front of your garage door with the hi beams on, the door doesn't keep going up and down, only moves once. That tells me it only activates once (doesn't stay energized all the time).

Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummmmm.....I PRETTY sure you're wrong on that. One way to test your theory is to drive away with the high beams on and leave them on. Go far enough away to be out of range, then pull back up and see if the door activates as you approach. I've wired remotes up before, and IIRC, the circuit is a simple "make" one - as long as it's pressed, the circuit is "hot".

Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pitch angle change of lower fairing side glass

The lower faring side pex glass cuases a para chute effect that hurts bike control during high cross winds such as those that you will find on bridges.

I improved this by changing the pitch angle of the lower pexi glass side pieces.

below is a pic of the original pitch angle, and the new pitch angle.

the average joe, can't tell a difference in apearence.

the bike rides totally different and is no longer effected by 40 mph cross winds.

the bike rides straight thru and the parachute effect is gone.

I replaced the original 1" #24 torx bolts with a 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 1 3/8s #24 counter sunk screw. used a washer under the head of the screw. on the lower bolt I put a ruber faucet washer on each side of the pexi glass. on the middle screw I put a faucet washer in between the steel washer and put two faucet washers between the pexi glas and the faring. on the top screw I put a faucet washer under the steel washer, and i put 3 faucet washers between the pexi and the fairing. This results in a pitch angle change. see before and after pics

ride safe.

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-photo-1.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-photo.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
The lower faring side pex glass cuases a para chute effect that hurts bike control during high cross winds such as those that you will find on bridges.

I improved this by changing the pitch angle of the lower pexi glass side pieces.

below is a pic of the original pitch angle, and the new pitch angle.

the average joe, can't tell a difference in apearence.

the bike rides totally different and is no longer effected by 40 mph cross winds.

the bike rides straight thru and the parachute effect is gone.

I replaced the original 1" #24 torx bolts with a 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 1 3/8s #24 counter sunk screw. used a washer under the head of the screw. on the lower bolt I put a ruber faucet washer on each side of the pexi glass. on the middle screw I put a faucet washer in between the steel washer and put two faucet washers between the pexi glas and the faring. on the top screw I put a faucet washer under the steel washer, and i put 3 faucet washers between the pexi and the fairing. This results in a pitch angle change. see before and after pics

ride safe.
I can't tell a lot on the sideways pics, even turned my head :-)
Looks to me like you spaced them off mounting points from bottom to top gradually making gap bigger?
So does it make them lean back more or forward more? I am thinking back making them have less drag?
Clif

Old 11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

Yes, they lean back more.

Yes, they have less drag on the top.

As you drive, if you check it, there's quite a bit of pressure being released at the gap point.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, they lean back more.

Yes, they have less drag on the top.

As you drive, if you check it, there's quite a bit of pressure being released at the gap point.
I like the idea behind it, going to buy parts today.
Thanks

Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Default Voltage stabilizer

Motorcycle engines use a pulsating DC generator to charge the battery and operate the engine electrical components. The voltage stabilizer captures energy during each generator charge pulse, and releases it before the next charge pulse. This provide the stabilizing effect voltage stabilizers are known for.

The voltage stabilizer can be connected at various points on your bike. I have mine under my seat forward of the battery on my Harley Ultra Classic.

The Voltage stabilizer connects to the positive side of your battery or at any point on the 12V side of your electrical system.

I used a high quality, high speed, vibration tolerant electrical component using film technology.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
CheezyRiderAZ
Advanced

Motorcycle engines use a pulsating DC generator to charge the battery and operate the engine electrical components. The voltage stabilizer captures energy during each generator charge pulse, and releases it before the next charge pulse. This provide the stabilizing effect voltage stabilizers are known for.

The voltage stabilizer can be connected at various points on your bike. I have mine under my seat forward of the battery on my Harley Ultra Classic.

The Voltage stabilizer connects to the positive side of your battery or at any point on the 12V side of your electrical system.

I used a high quality, high speed, vibration tolerant electrical component using film technology.
OK........

Never heard of one, tell me more......

Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CheezyRiderAZ
OK........

Never heard of one, tell me more......
And add a picture so we can se hat you are talking about. THanks

Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
tj40kman
Intermediate

TR, yep you are right . I returned with the brights still on and the door opened. Not sure what effect it has with the opener energized all the time with the brights on.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$