Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hidden Remote

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Here's my Garage Door Remote (left of ignition switch) and my Black Magic LED Remote (right of ignition switch). I had a little Heavy Duty Velcro left over from the PCV and Autotune install and decided to put it to good use.

I can remove and throw in saddlebags or take'em with me if I need to. And they won't fall off...no way...velcro is too strong.
I used the same exact remote but velcro'd it to the back side of where yours is. All I do is reach up behind and hit the button. It's out of the weather, hidden from view and works like a champ.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A CB antenna is "tuned" - just cutting it is to invite problems! I'd suggest looking at the J&M "shorty" antenna's, or buying the ones made for the '09's. From the rear, the right side is the CB antenna, IIRC.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Knight2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Texas!

Yeh I remember my younger days tuning those whips to get the SWRs just right, that's why I was asking..

Ok bud, thanks again.
Oh what about the radio though? I hear it's ok to cut

Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can, as long as ya have the SWR meter to reset it - you WILL lose range, though.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Knight2
Tourer

Hmm,
Maybe I'll just leave em alone!
Thanks buddy

Pete

Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRedneck
From the rear, the right side is the CB antenna, IIRC.
You recall correctly.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM
pudgypaul
6th Gear

If you split the case on your garage door opener and it has micro buttons, you can wire the opener through a 4 prong 12v relay to your high beam wire. When you flip the switch to high it will open the door. You can also wire it to your brakes. I got the plans from a guy on ebay. You have to solder wires to the mirco buttons. 4 years and it still works great. The remote tucks easily under the seat. Beats the price of Harley's $300 plus opener.
Good luck

Old 10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Radio Shack siren install

Just did a dual siren install the other day on my 07 Ultra. Had the wife go out and move the bike (without the FOB) and it scared the bjesus out of her......
Course I wasn't laughing so hard when she caught me....

One thing I noticed is that immediately after the install was complete I got a chrip when brushing up against the bike, as some of you have mentioned. Since that one time, no more chirp.... After reading a few of the other posts I thought it would chirp all the time when you approached... Guess not??

Old 10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
ultrapacman
Cruiser

One thing I noticed is that immediately after the install was complete I got a chrip when brushing up against the bike, as some of you have mentioned. Since that one time, no more chirp.... After reading a few of the other posts I thought it would chirp all the time when you approached... Guess not??[/quote]
You will get a chirp after you turn off the ignition and it arms itself...you will get a chirp when you turn on the ignition and it disarms...other than that you will only get the siren if you try moving the bike.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 09 RK classic license plate

Has anyone modified their "billboard" license plate bracket to lay flat or at an angle? Looks like it could be done, but I want to check before I attempt it.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$