Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texas steve
Here is the reply from another speaker specilist and it matches what PEZ replied to me;

"When the tweeter with is crossover is wired in parallel with the existing speaker the amp will basically only see the impedance of the original speaker below the cut-off of the tweeter. Above that cut-off frequency the amp will see the tweeter in parallel with the Harley speaker. However, in all likelihood that speaker is a cone with a voice coil that has some inductance so its impedance is actually rising in this range anyway, which means paralleling the tweeter will likely not cause a real drop in the load to below 2 ohms, so all should be good."

So no problem!!
If you are using a crossover the system will see the impedence of the main speaker so there is no problem at all if you use a capacitor only to block the lower frequencies from the tweeter then you will lower the impedence one of the functions of a "crossover" is to maintain the impedence of the speaker system.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
JUICEDSS
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DIY Saddlebag stands

I was pretty bored tonight so I decided to make some saddlebag stands. I used 1/2" PVC and a bunch of elbows and tees. It is very sturdy and can support 1 bag at a time if need be. I will paint it in the next couple of days. It isn't collapsible like the professionally made models but I have less than $25.00 invested. Some pics:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...agStand001.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...agStand002.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...agStand003.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...agStand004.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...agStand005.jpg

Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey JUICEDSS, that is really cool. Gave me a weekend project this fall. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tire bead breaker

Here it is Harley fans, another addition to the Uncle Scrooge line of cycle accessories. It's the Scroogeomatic bead breaker, made from a few scraps of 2x and some bolts and lag screws. Just drive your car onto the platform to hold the Scroogeomatic down, put some blocks down to lift the rotor off the pavement, position your tire, and do it. This thing generates SERIOUS leverage and will break a bead in under 30 seconds. Patent pending.

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-122_2221.jpg  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge
Here it is Harley fans, another addition to the Uncle Scrooge line of cycle accessories. It's the Scroogeomatic bead breaker, made from a few scraps of 2x and some bolts and lag screws. Just drive your car onto the platform to hold the Scroogeomatic down, put some blocks down to lift the rotor off the pavement, position your tire, and do it. This thing generates SERIOUS leverage and will break a bead in under 30 seconds. Patent pending.
Will the patent applicacaton include the optional accidental death and dismemberment coverage?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by stu07hd;2551571 (from Page 5)
This is the best cheap DIY mod I have done to my 07 Ultra. It is to put an alarm siren that works with the factory alarm.
Go to Radio Shack and purchase Part #273-079 less than $6.00.
Did this yesterday and it works great. Don't know if that location is weather-proof, but it looked relatively well-protected. Can't say if the RS siren can tolerate moisture, but time will tell.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICEDSS
I was pretty bored tonight so I decided to make some saddlebag stands. I used 1/2" PVC and a bunch of elbows and tees. It is very sturdy and can support 1 bag at a time if need be. I will paint it in the next couple of days. It isn't collapsible like the professionally made models but I have less than $25.00 invested.
Good build. Another option is to buy some rubber or plastic furniture pads and install them on the bottom of the saddlebags. You can then place the bags almost anywhere without fear of scratching the paint, etc.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 PM
bambamblazer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheap Ipod mount and Tour pack light

Here is a cheap Ipod mount i made from the box it comes in. The piece i used is the "rack" the Ipod is on in the box. The light i bought at wally-world for about $6 and it just velcro's inside the tour pack

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-family-175.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-family-176.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-family-179.jpg  

Last edited by bambamblazer; 09-20-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
mike79
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HB
This was a little tedious but it gets a lot of where did you get that bar from. I drilled 5 holes on each side of the tail light cutout and installed 10 red led's. I filled the back uo with clear silicone to help keep the led's from vibrating out. The little led holders were not real tight in the holes. Each half blinks with the corresponding blinker. Seems to work very good.
Where did you buy the LED's? Do you have a part number?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:56 AM
maltz
Stage II
Default hot motor

Originally Posted by ultrarod
I know this is old news but I am trying to decide whats best to beat the heat on my 07 ultra. I am planning on installing fuel management system just trying to decide which one. I have already installed V&H slip ons, oil cooler, stage 1 and syn 3. Helped a little but still hot so I guess I am forced to spend the $$ on a fuel maagement system. Any thoughts on which is best and should I still get aftermarket O2 repalcements are can I leave the OEM ?
I use amsoil and run a jag 10 row oil cooler and also have the oil running through my crasch bar. keep the oil down to 216 degrees on a hot day in Ca. My bike is a 2007 road glide with woods cams grear drive and ported heads.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$