Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM
bfon1987
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for new pipes (StreetGlide 2013).want more sound but nothing crazy. Slip-on options ????

Old 07-07-2014, 02:21 AM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Thanks for the ideas, now I guess its time to get to work, anybody fab their own tour pack detachable mount system , there has to be a better way than spending the big bucks at your friendly local store.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bike Night

Originally Posted by bfon1987
Any suggestions for new pipes (StreetGlide 2013).want more sound but nothing crazy. Slip-on options ????
There are hundreds of options for slip-ons depending on personal preferences. Go to a dealer bike night and talk to a rider whose pipes you like the sound of.

I personally like Klock SS mufflers nice low rumble at cruising and a growler when you get on it. I also just learned that because they don't have brand name stamped on them or indentations they are interchangeable so you can switch right to left side mufflers. So you can hide any little cosmetic whoops.

Only $304 including freight.

Did I mention they look great!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Thanks for the ideas, now I guess its time to get to work, anybody fab their own tour pack detachable mount system , there has to be a better way than spending the big bucks at your friendly local store.
A buddy gave me his old tour pack FREE and the detachable bracket was $129 on eBay. Total $129!

Last edited by Danny D; 07-23-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Hdwg03
2nd Gear

Great idea

Old 07-10-2014, 04:54 PM
glenbear
4th Gear

i like vance and hines pro pipe. i never thought two into ones looked that great but i got used to it and the cadence plus performance make up for the lack of symmetry. if you want a deal on slip ons they are simple and easy to find on ebay or even craigstlist. search on google

site:craigslist.org harley slip ons

or any variation and it will show you whats for sale around the country. most guys are pretty cool about shipping and stuff. i have bought a lot of stuff using craigslist and havent been burned once. i bought a mustang seat from michigan and a harley rain suit from north carolina and they even paid the shipping. im frugal so buying lightly used is always my preferrence but sometimes what i want just isnt available.

good luck tho

Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 PM
psychommann
4th Gear

Hey Guys I have a blue tooth adapter from Best Buy For $25 Aluretek-iStream Blue tooth Adapter and Rechargable, a little Velcro next to your stereo and you have music.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Buggy (Helmet) Guard!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
This is my helmet lock. Will lock 2 helmets easy, too.
Reset-able combo, padded to not scratch, hook on handlebar, or whatever.
I keep it in a saddlebag or pouch.
Can be found for $5.
http://www.amazon.com/Buggyguard-B-H...+stroller+lock
Gotta get one! Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-12-2014, 02:40 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bfon1987
Buddy of mine bought some on ebay. Look like Rineharts, and real deep rumble. Not too loud but even deeper than MY Rineharts. Sound real good. They do stick out a little further than the Rineharts do, but I'm sure that can be changed by replacing the tips if you don't like that. He only paid about $200 & $15 to NC.

Good findings.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:52 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by terryrh
Buddy of mine bought some on ebay. Look like Rineharts, and real deep rumble. Not too loud but even deeper than MY Rineharts. Sound real good. They do stick out a little further than the Rineharts do, but I'm sure that can be changed by replacing the tips if you don't like that. He only paid about $200 & $15 to NC.

Good findings.
As a mater of fact I clicked on the next thread to get the updates missed during my hiatus, and I saw this...

These are the ones I was talking about (not my buddy's bike but these are the ones). This user's sn is Jonny Mac. He may have the info on them.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$