Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Mojofire
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes Garage door openers have been done but...

I know a garage door opener has been done as a cheap mod, but I wanted to add this little gem since I avent seen it yet.

I have a 13 Ultra classic and dont use the intercom since I replaced all my audio with aftermarket. I wanted to do something with the intercom plug on the dash. After looking for ideas one member suggested in a joke adding a red ejector button. After a while I really liked the idea of the look so I modified a red button hidden behind the spring flap so still hidden. It controls my garage door. sodered to original garage door opener hidden in dash as well.

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-rps20140615_135702_558_resized.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-rps20140615_135812_resized.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mojofire
I know a garage door opener has been done as a cheap mod, but I wanted to add this little gem since I avent seen it yet.

I have a 13 Ultra classic and dont use the intercom since I replaced all my audio with aftermarket. I wanted to do something with the intercom plug on the dash. After looking for ideas one member suggested in a joke adding a red ejector button. After a while I really liked the idea of the look so I modified a red button hidden behind the spring flap so still hidden. It controls my garage door. sodered to original garage door opener hidden in dash as well.

Nice idea.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:05 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

How to: 2011 RK spot auxiliary lights & high beams

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...igh-beams.html

Old 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks cool to

Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 AM
bo_bo100
Intermediate

hello Mojofire,
which aftermarket radio did you install ?

bo

Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Klock SS mufflers

Installed Klock SS mufflers...

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-dd-scooter.jpg  
Old 06-29-2014, 05:23 PM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's an easy and quick way to get rid of that ridiculous antenna on the 2014 SG without paying for an overpriced internal antenna. Remove your left side saddlebag, and you will see the bracket for your stock antenna. There are two holes in it. One holds the antenna mount, and the other routes the antenna cable to the antenna. Remove the bracket, and then remove the antenna wire, which is held in place by a rubber grommet. Remove the antenna mount from the hole it is secured in and mount it in the hole where the rubber grommet was. Then you can run your stock antenna up along the frame of the bike, above the left side cover and under the seat. Bolt the bracket back in its original position, put your saddlebag back on, and you now have a completely hidden antenna that still gets good reception. Run by the dealership and get another plug for your fender to match the one on the other side, and you are good to go.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:55 PM
CBRTRX
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick2076
Here's an easy and quick way to get rid of that ridiculous antenna on the 2014 SG without paying for an overpriced internal antenna. Remove your left side saddlebag, and you will see the bracket for your stock antenna. There are two holes in it. One holds the antenna mount, and the other routes the antenna cable to the antenna. Remove the bracket, and then remove the antenna wire, which is held in place by a rubber grommet. Remove the antenna mount from the hole it is secured in and mount it in the hole where the rubber grommet was. Then you can run your stock antenna up along the frame of the bike, above the left side cover and under the seat. Bolt the bracket back in its original position, put your saddlebag back on, and you now have a completely hidden antenna that still gets good reception. Run by the dealership and get another plug for your fender to match the one on the other side, and you are good to go.
I tried that on my bike when I first got it, unfortunately for me the reception wasnt as good so I put it back.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:46 AM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great thread. I especially like the garage door opener mod. Would love to put a momentary rocker switch in one of the empty accessory blanks on my SG. Anybody know who might sell a switch like that?
EDIT - I spent some time looking through the threads last night. Found this post:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/4594153-post366.html

that was exactly what I needed.
You can find anything on Harley Forums if you look hard enough...

Last edited by rattracer; 07-01-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 07-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Mojofire
Novice

Originally Posted by bo_bo100
hello Mojofire,
which aftermarket radio did you install ?

bo
one if the higher end Sony units with bluetooth, usb rear, cd, aux ect .

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$