Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 PM
3green0red
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS mount

I used a handlebar clamp mount and then picked up the arm and Garmin Nuvi cradle for my particular unit.

More info at
http://www.rammount.com/Products/Mot...Default.aspx#/

Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
08ultraglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is something I made out of some stuff I had laying around. To mount it you just take off the windshield and it hooked under the inner fairing, I put foam strips between the fairing and it. On and off in two minutes.

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-img_3282.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-img_3276.jpg    "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-img_3285.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Peanuthead (07-13-2016)
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 AM
ecadee
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SGLarry
The answer is yes, you can put tweeters there. But , you'll have to put a 1" hole where the fairing mirrors were.
I did it.

As far as being reversable, yep, you can do putthe fairing mirros back ontoo. I did that too, as I decided that i didn't like the mirrors on the controls either. So I used a stick of the moldable JB weld ( yeah, that's right I saidi t, JB WELD,) ;-) to fill in the hole's and re-drilled and mounted the fairing mirros back on. Left the the tweeters flush mount bezels there too.

Here's before and afrter pics of the tweets mounted where the fairing mirrors were and then re-located to the upper fairing using the surface mounts.
( The Memphis Tweeters include 3 different mounting options. :-)

[IMG]local://upfiles/14102/47E0ADC8D97D4786A82A489D7B80E4C0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14102/514CBB4CE28E42AE9DD780CE9BDF14B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14102/75C7E6EBBB5741BE892AF445DB2D97CF.jpg[/IMG]
I realize this is a sophomoric and off the subject question but I need to ask it. How can I view the pics posted here? Double clicking them doesn't work for me and copy/paste to Browser and opening doesn't either. What am I missing?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
smprfi0231
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribing...

Old 12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

Bump

ttt

Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 PM
basselope
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first, here's a little secret that could help you save some cash: Searsoutlet dot com. The outlet sight allows you to check stores all over your area for some pretty serious potential savings. My most recent deal was the Craftsman 1500lb aluminum (yellow) motorcycle jack talked about all over this forum. Current retail is $200.00. I picked mine up for $139.00. Don't let the default "reconditioned" tag on many of the item pages fool you. Many are "reconditioned(new)" meaning they are probably returns and have never been used. In my case it was a return for an online purchase to a store that does not normally carry that item and cannot display it or resell as new. The box had never been opened. There were others - one as low as $59.00 but the 300 mile trip to Chicago didn't quite seem justified.

Next
Originally Posted by ecadee
I realize this is a sophomoric and off the subject question but I need to ask it. How can I view the pics posted here? Double clicking them doesn't work for me and copy/paste to Browser and opening doesn't either. What am I missing?
OK late reply, but any link that includes "...local://upfiles..." was added to the site back when most any images could be hosted right here on the forums server. That changed (to reduce bandwidth usage I assume) and most images of any useful size need to be hosted by another service like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Those old photos no longer exist here so the forum simply displays the old link information instead.

Last edited by basselope; 12-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:37 AM
X-Bone
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by KD101
I didn't want my opener to be a permanent fixture on the bike because I like to use it in my car during the winter. This is a quick mod on a windshield bag, as the fellas that have them know the corners of the outside pockets are almost worthless. This is a good way to use that space. I will skip the parts on how to wire up the remote.

1 - Figure out what size your momentary switch will be

2 - Find a ferrel about the same size

3 - Use a 6in C-clamp and the correct size ferrel to make a hole in the windshield bag

4 - Shove the momentary switch and wires in the hole. Attach retaining nut on the backside (ask the ole lady for help if she has smaller hands).

5 - Attach the male end of the connector to the wires from the momentary switch.

6 - Plug the two connectors together

7 - Tuck the whole set up into the pocket. The remote is easily removable for use in the car, change batteries or for security reasons.

Sorry to take part in the beating of the GDO. I have spent the last week reading all 93 pages of this thread and hadn't noticed anyone go this route. Great forum and I hope that I can contribute to the info.
I like this one. Button is easy to access & it blends well.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:02 AM
X-Bone
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by allisonxtb
Post #2 for a newbe wish i could see pics.
I know that feeling.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM
nhhdrider
Advanced

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Hey look, another passing lights on with hi beam!

A simple tap to connect the yellow and Orange/red wires together.

acc and spots work with ign on or ACC, or with both hi beam and low beam on

Mike

Scotch locks can promote corrosion. Ensure you use dielectric grease or silicone to seal the cut in the wire. A preceded method would be to cut, solder and heat shrink.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:22 PM
nhhdrider
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamess71
I was thinking the same thing, I just had to replace the battery in my remote and it uses a 2032 battery, just 3v. I guess that 12v should work it just might have give the remote a shorter lifespan.
Yes a shorter life span. If you hook 12volts to a 3volts item. You will most likely let the smoke out of the remote.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$