Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM
inkdemon
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I used good velcro and just velcroed the small remote in the right pocket of the windshield bag. This way you can leave it there or remove it if you ever need to

Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Ultrasummer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS solution

For my GPS solution, I removed the center storage area and then used Velcro and a small block of wood. Loved the 6 inch screen on this model. It's not waterproof so when it rains I just pull it off and stick it in my pocket. Another reason not to hardwire it. The cord goes from the unit, bunched up in the left compartment, and then down to the cigarette lighter. With three screws I can remove the GPS and compartments and go without.
(New to the site so I hope the picture I posted comes through - if not, I'm talking about a 3 compartment windshield storage item.)

Attached Thumbnails  "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$-img_0458.jpg  

Last edited by Ultrasummer; 09-21-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 AM
devious56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GPS/windshield bag

Yep, that looks very nice, and it certainly is functional.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

David

Old 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ultrasummer that looks great

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aznomad
I have a Chamberlain door opener. I bought a tiny remote and put it in the left visor bag. I attached it to the flap on the left visor bag with a black zip tie. That way I can get it out without worrying about dropping it.
any pictures?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:05 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultrasummer
For my GPS solution, I removed the center storage area and then used Velcro and a small block of wood. Loved the 6 inch screen on this model. It's not waterproof so when it rains I just pull it off and stick it in my pocket. Another reason not to hardwire it. The cord goes from the unit, bunched up in the left compartment, and then down to the cigarette lighter. With three screws I can remove the GPS and compartments and go without.
(New to the site so I hope the picture I posted comes through - if not, I'm talking about a 3 compartment windshield storage item.)
best gps idea i have seen in a while, and picture is great. I will do something like this, for now i use the garmin suction cup to my gas filler cover, this also works great, except its down low, and for rain i can put it in my waterproof pouch i mounted on the left bar for my ipod, But my new gps will be 6" and hopefully have mp3 built in so i can kill both with 1 stone.
Ultrasummer what part number is your unit, so i can start searching for my gps replacement?

Old 09-23-2012, 12:11 PM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Nicely done!

For my GPS solution, ...
Nicely done, the large scream size should easily be visible while riding.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Brusier1028
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some great Ideas here.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You beat me to it. I was planning the same mod on my Reckless fairing. The only difference is I'm gonna use a water resistant gps holder. Great job!

Old 09-27-2012, 03:00 PM
yowflhtk
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I'm new to the forum, and this is a great thread!

........martin

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$