Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Headlight RG

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Order the reflector assembly from Chicago, Zannotti's, or Surdyke HD. Should be around $159.00. The bulbs are available on ebay or a lot of different online sites, but I got mine from DS. Don't let him talk you into the yellow one.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
The Euro upgrade is a new reflector assembly. The Euro reflectors have a more focused beam and are a BIG improvement. Add to that higher watt bulbs. .
+1 on that. E-Code is not a well-known upgrade but should be for the reasons already given. Even though I've used E-Code in the past I continue to be amazed when I make the change. Compared to the non-fluted headlights on modern HD's the difference is like night and day. They do make a major difference in the "seeing range" at night, giving you much more distance and a broader, smoother pattern on both high- and low-beams.

Officially these lights are not legal for highway use in the U.S. but won't cause problems for oncoming traffic if aimed properly. Further, the fluted lenses don't look any different from any other fluted lens including SAE (DOT-certified) types at first glance, and no one would be able to see the difference by just looking at them. Some U.S.-certified lenses have "SAE" stamped in the glass but not all, so I'm not sure how anyone would be able to tell the difference.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Order the reflector assembly from Chicago, Zannotti's, or Surdyke HD. Should be around $159.00. The bulbs are available on ebay or a lot of different online sites, but I got mine from DS. Don't let him talk you into the yellow one.
I know this thread is a little dated, but has anyone found this reflector lately? I have looked at those three dealers and it does not come up on their sites. Sorry, that part number was 68995-01, the European one. Thanks for any help...

Last edited by marvincbr; 01-09-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: part number
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 AM
IDI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 68995-01 is no longer availible from the dealers in the US. Try this link http://www.jwboon.com/
It's in Holland, Europe so you have to import the lights.
Write the part number in search and there you have it.
I bought mine from this guy a couple of months ago.
Good Luck!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:45 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior

Thanks, I will give that a shot...

Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
IDI
Cruiser

Expensive though. 226 EUR = $325 + shipping.
Harley parts ARE very expensive in Europe. That's why I try to buy most of my parts in the US.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior

Yes, I did find it there and it wasn't cheap. Cost more than the HID kit I have now.... I have no idea what shipping would cost to get it to the states, probably not cheap either.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:52 AM
IDI
Cruiser

The shipping will be some where around $50-$90....

Old 01-10-2010, 09:09 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I know better lighting is a plus on the road and I hate to be a ball buster but you might want to check local vehicle regs as Euro spec lighting is illegal in the US. They must be DOT Spec (It will have the info cast into the lens) I got ticketed by the LEO because my lights were too bright on my BMW I imported to the states. When I had to get the car inspected I had to change the windshield and all the lighting at great cost just to pass inspection.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior

Not a ball buster at all. I have recently found out that the HID kit I installed is probably illegal as well. Not to mention that after the newness wore off, I wasn't all that happy with them. I am now just looking for ways to increase the light output using standard halogen bulbs again. Thanks

Quick Reply: European Headlight RG