Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zepplin seat problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007 | 06:29 PM
Cyphilis
|
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zepplin seat problems?

Im looking at buying a Zepplin seat from a local guy in town. He said it worked fine for 3k miles, and he hated it the entire time. It quit working on his last trip, and he finally said screw it and bought a different seat. He said he called the dealer, and they didnt seem concerned like it was a common problem and easy fix. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it? The pump doesnt work at all he said. Just kind of wondering if it might be an easy fix for a poor do-it-yourselfer like myself. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-27-2007 | 06:38 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zepplin seat problems?

I've only heard of bladders going bad personally. Have had two riding buddies in my chapter complain about it.

I've read that some have had problems (in this forum) with the compressor, one that sticks in my head had the compressor constantly running.

personally I'm ready to ditch my 2 months old road Zeppelin seat myself. The wife just can't stand it.

Old 11-27-2007 | 06:46 PM
bobartz
Advanced

Had a road zep for a long time and it was perfect. Check the power supply and the plug in. the seat was very comfortable. It does raise you up an inch or so.

Old 11-27-2007 | 06:49 PM
daveyclyde
Intermediate

I thought that mine was broken also until I realized that the accessory switch had to be switched on in order for the compressors to operate. Rookie mistake.

Old 11-27-2007 | 06:50 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

Quess it's like everything else, some like and some dislike. We've had ours on for over twenty five thousand miles and if something happened to it, we would fix it or get another.

Old 11-27-2007 | 07:33 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Mine is a little over a year old. Been back to the factory twice. First time one of the baldders didn't work. But this time the pump kept running because I think it has a burst bladder.
I haven't got it back yet. I love the seat I am 6'1 " 350 lb lard ***. My wife likes it also. It is great for long trips. We did 1800 miles in a week and when I needed too I could adjust it a little and it really makes a difference. I would buy one again. Mine is leather. It does raise you up at least on inch if you adjust it right. Buy it and send it back it can't cost too much to fix. When mine goes out of warranty I will look at it my self. I may have filled it too much.

Old 11-27-2007 | 09:06 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had mine for over a year with no problems.

Old 11-27-2007 | 09:15 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't leave your bike sit in the sun, if you have the seat pumped up. It will swell up like a balloon, and you'll feel like a buffoon.

Been there, done that. Luckily, it didn't blow the bladder, but it sure stretched the hell out of the cover.

Old 11-27-2007 | 09:39 PM
nelsonrl
Cruiser

Little over a year on mine. Really like it.

Old 11-27-2007 | 10:08 PM
vettedog72
Tourer

I sure wishthey made the Road Sofa for a RK with the long chrome trim on the gas tank.

Quick Reply: Zepplin seat problems?