Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better grade Harbor Freight MC lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Better grade Harbor Freight MC lift

I was in a Harbor Freight store today and saw what appears to be a much better motorcycle lift than the foot pump model. This new one operates like a standard car jack, has 4 wheels, a 1500# capacityand lifts between 4+" and around 17". If you go on-line to Harbor Freight and lookup item 94715 you will see pretty good photos of the lift. The top rubber coatedcontact bars in the photo can be removed to allow the lift to slide under a bike. They sell for $159.00.Here's the question: does anyone have one of these lifts and how good are they?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
egor
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Better grade Harbor Freight MC lift

Dont have one of those, but I did buy an inexpensive platform lift,
then spent the better part of a day making good welds on it, and
completely fabricating a decent wheel clamp. It wouldnt safely
hold an old lowered shovelhead, but now I'll put my bagger on it.
Gotta strap it down.
Sometimes you can save some money down the road by spending
more up front.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 PM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Identical to the Sears Craftsman Pro yellow Aluminum lift..decent lift for the $$$.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

It looks just like the Sears Craftsman Pro yellow lift which Ibought except thatthe Harbor Freight doesn't come with the tie down strap accessories and the Sears yellow lift does.I would just get the Sears yellow one when it's on sale for $149.00.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
bsharris
Advanced

And if you are a member of the "Craftsman Club" you get another $10.00 off. I got mine for $139. Great jack.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, it is the same as the Sears yellow jack.....I tried to buy it at Sears but they had computer problems so I eased over to Harbor Freight and picked it up......I love it. It works very well.

Then the Morning of Black Friday, Sears computer decided to dump again.....Hardly anyone could buy anything online all day.....How sloopy can they get?

Old 11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
tooch69
Advanced

i would not trust anything from china freight( I mean harbour freight)

Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, thanks for the identification/comparison input. I did notice that the HF lift had no tie-down straps.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

I have the model earlier. No problems with it except that every Harley I have needs to be raised up before the jack can fit under it. I have a 5" x 24" x 30" aluminum ramp that I use to get the lowered bikes up onto my Handy table. I roll the front tire up onthe ramp and balance it than move the jack underneath it. In hind site, for those times needed to use a floor jack, I wish I had bought one that you could slide under without drama. I do recommend buying one of these (get several as they make the greatest M/C accessories for yourself & friend). I do not own H.F. but this item did save my azz on US 27 in the middle of cane fields @ 2am in the summer (when you breath in bugs). 4" NINE LED MINI FLASHLIGHT [align=center] [/align] Nine superbright LEDs give this pocket light plenty of power. 90,000 micro candela (mcd) output Compact, rugged construction Attached lanyard Lamp life up to 100,000 hours Requires three AAA batteries, not included
ITEM 93712-5VGA $9.99 $3.99

Old 11-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Barton
Cruiser

I have that lift and like it. The only thing I dont likeis the made in China part(probably with 100% recycled American beer cans.) It fits under my stock 2008 RKC without raising it like FastHarley mentions.

I bought my own tie downs. However the instructions dont have any suggestions on the best tie down configuration. Anyone have any suggestions on tie down of a touring bike with this model?

Quick Reply: Better grade Harbor Freight MC lift