Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half Moon Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,729 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Default RE: Half Moon Windshield

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

Has anybody seen or tried these? If so, do they make much of a difference?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...spagenameZWDVW

The guy has many sizes and 2 different styles, but I'm not much for the flat top one.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Any thoughts?

I had 4 of them break at the wings.....look cool bad design. Replaced them all at no charge but got tired of changing them.[:'(]

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jeepster09

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

Has anybody seen or tried these? If so, do they make much of a difference?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...spagenameZWDVW

The guy has many sizes and 2 different styles, but I'm not much for the flat top one.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Any thoughts?

I had 4 of them break at the wings.....look cool bad design. Replaced them all at no charge but got tired of changing them.[:'(]
What did the seller have to say about the problem? Do they admit that they have a problem with their design?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
PSO169
Road Master

I have the 9" with the Half moons in the dark tint and I love it. I will buy more from them. Their customer service is great!!!!!! Robin and Pat are easy to deal with. I will continue to order from them. I really like the look of their windshields they really look great in the dark smoke on my Black ultra. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

Happy customer
Jeff

Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,729 Likes on 1,259 Posts

ORIGINAL: PSO169

I have the 9" with the Half moons in the dark tint and I love it. I will buy more from them. Their customer service is great!!!!!! Robin and Pat are easy to deal with. I will continue to order from them. I really like the look of their windshields they really look great in the dark smoke on my Black ultra. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

Happy customer
Jeff

Can't argue there great to deal with and YES you will continue to get windshields from them as long as they haven't changed the design [:'(]. It is a defective design that flexs with the wind at the wings until they crack. I won't use them again even though they kept replacing at no charge, it aint worth the hassle[:@]of constantly changing them. I went to a Slippstreamer and have had no further problems since I did.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Keep in mind that these WS are cut from flat pieces of Lexan. You have to bend it to fit it into the fairing. It does cut the wind a lot, so right now, I'm using it as my winter shield.

One thing that helped the vibration of the shield for me was placing car door bump guard piping on the top of the shield.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

I'm just wondering if the breaking problem happen more with the bigger, smaller, flat top or round ones. Or maybe all of them.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

This is what I got from the sellers when I asked about the breaking issues.

"Thanks for the interest in our shields! We did have an issues with several of our flat top shields but feel like we have solved the issue. Robin and I prefer the rounded version of our shields and that is what we run on our eglide when we ride together. We now send a new foam weather seal out with every shield purchase. The weather seal in the upper outer fairing wears out and becomes flat from the shield resting against it. Once this happens, the shield, whether its ours or an OEM, starts to vibrate and this was what was causing us to have an issue with a few of our shields. Because we ride allot, we change our foam weather seal out every 3-4 months.
If there is anything else that we can help you with, let us know.
Thanks,
Pat and Robin
803 755-2906"

They sound like stand up people who stand behind their product. I guess I'll steer away from the flat top.