Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long would it take for me to get arrested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 AM
blackfinbob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long would it take for me to get arrested?

The guys are giving me a hard time here. My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and it has not gone over so well with the riding buddies. One has told me to plan on selling him my Ultra this spring. Another one told me to trade him the Ultra and buy his Heritage since I will need the cash. Another one has told me to trade it in on a minivan. Another one has told me to buy a side car and so far this is the best option, however how long do you think it would take for me to get arrested with a baby carrier in the side car. Endangering the welfare of a child is no joke however if they are set up with helmet, leather, etc. What's the problem?
I need a little help and encouragment. Really it will be fine...After 7 years of marriage and a late start, it's about time and we are very happy........BTW- I would at least wait until they are 5.....
b

Old 11-27-2007, 02:06 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How long would it take for me to get arrested?

Good luck with that. My last one will be gone in 1096 days and i can't wait. Get them cut NOW.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:16 AM
GlennsGlide
Cruiser

They eventually go - BUT THEY KEEP COMING BACK - and usually with their hand out.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

work overtime and pick-up a side job thats about anhour awayfrom home. This will solve 3 things. Now you can ride more(to work). Go to work to relax.cushion thefinances aswell with some left over to spend on your bike. Ask me how I know

Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

ok Ill be the first... Grats on the new addition. Heck with what your friends say... Enjoy it while you can cause that bike wil be gone... lol JK

Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Friends aside, they'll bust your stones no matter what you do, that's what friends are for isn't it? Life is too hard and people are wound way too tight these days, so friends provide the necessary comic relief in your life. As far as an infant in a sidecar, good luck with that one. Even if it were perfectly legal (need to check that with the local LEO) I can't imagine anyone with a newborn in a sidecar, OR, a wife who would even entertain the idea.

Second job, ride to work more, all good ideas. Keep the Ultra until if/when it becomes too much to handle. Even if you do find yourself having to sell it off, don't completely give up on the idea of having a bike.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
gmjhd
Cruiser

Good Luck it will be allright. Been there. We started our family after 9 years after we got hitched, I was 19 ,she was 17. First child ,I was 28,she was 26 , second child 14 months later. We sold bike and was with out riding for about 9 years. Then my son and I did the trail bikes and 4-wheeler thing for several years,then we got on street bikes -Harleys- now we all ride, it`s great! My son also sold Harleys for 3 years at one time and was a great salesman for the store, but does not want to work weekends ,he wants to ride. I am 54 now , he is 24. Everyone rides,but our girl,she is 25 now . It`s Great riding with family,just hang in there. Mike P.S. Just a run down to show you how it can be.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You do know it all comes down to what momma says, right? [sm=hail.gif]

Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the baby! Screw the static your getting from your friends. Let the wife stay home with Jr., and you go out and earn a living. This way NO ONE can tell you anything about staying home. If I go out and earn a buck every day, to give my wife and kids all they could ever need....I sure as **** will be out there on my free....in the wind!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 AM
tkjones2
Banned

Grats on the arrival, enjoy them now, they turn STUPID at around 11 or so, keep your scoot if you can bro, even if you dont get to ride alot, it will help alot with the new stress, like someone said it will depend on what Mama says even if you dont get to ride much for the next few years look at all the mods you can do over time and in 18 years or so you will be home free

Quick Reply: How long would it take for me to get arrested?