Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long would it take for me to get arrested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How long would it take for me to get arrested?

One of my fondest memories was when my daughter was growing up she was 5 years old she rode around the block on my bike. legs wrapped over my lap hugging me in a tight bear hug and my friends small helmet on her. she was excited and scared at the same time. now she is 21 and still asks the old one to take her on those rides and i do.
PS her mother was so pissed off i thaught she was going to vaper lock,but that was just icing on the cake since I had divorced her the year before.
congrats on the new addition they grow fast.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God bless you and your family. We went without a toy like a new HD while I saved my "quit smoking money" for the FLH. We saved every dime and ate $ 0.25 hamburgers to save 6 years for a home instead of a landlord. The best thing we did was change our budget so my wife could be a stay-home mom instead of dropping 'em off at the day-orphanage. When both kids were in school, she went back to work (for fun and $$$), I paid cash for the Harley, and there's $400K in equity in our home, if we everneed it. And I thank God for my kids, my trophy wife, and my Hog!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats!

No need to sell. I have 2 kids & have loved each and every day with them. My oldest is now 9 and she loves going for rides.
It's healthy for you and your wife to spend time on your own, doing things that are just for you. If you make it so she can get away and go do things that interest her, she will be willing to do the same for you.
Enjoy every day, the time goes by fast!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 PM
AustinRider
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ndotken

As far as having your first child, I regret to inform you that YOUR life is now officially over. From this point on, everything will be about momma and the baby.
Well this is just horse$hi++! If this guy is serious I feel sorry for him...

Your life is just beginning. Raising kids is not without its challenges. I know because I raised two girls myself. Their mother was a tramp and she left them both with me to raise. And it doesn't cost a million dollars to raise them - its only like a half a million! But you get back about ten million in return in happiness and pleasure in all the kool things they do growing up...

Personally, I will not ride a child below the age of a teenager on my bike. Even with helmet and leathers, we take a calculated risk to enjoy what we love. A child or preteen is not mature enough to understand that risk and make an intelligent decision about riding or not riding. Therefore, I as the adult make that decision for them.
We make calculated risks every day of our lives from the moment we wake up to the moment we close our eyes at the end of the day. Driving down the road in a car or truck is dangerous. Playing in traffic on the Interstate on a motorcycle is more dangerous. But we know that going in and we take it seriously. Our kids need to learn to make intelligent decisions and how will they do that if we make all their decisions for them?

Kids need to grow up learning to make intelligent decsions and learning responsibility but they also need to have fun while they are doing it. My hats off to the guy who took his kid riding in his jacket when she was a baby. I bought the RG I'm riding on my granddaughter's second birthday and on that day she and her mom rode on the back of my bike. No, we didn't go on the Insterstate. We didin't even go on the main road. We just drove around the parking lot of the apartment comlex. But she LOVED it. And now she can say she's been riding Harley's since she was two years old!

She's a ways from wearing a helmet and taking longer rides with me. She has a lot to learn about behaving and listening to her mom. But she already loves the Harley. She gets all excited when she sees it and starts jabbering...

Don't worry about the small stuff. Live the live you've been living. You just got a new person included in it now - a little bitty person.

Congratulations!!!

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

But if that don't work because the old lady bitches, pisses and moans too much ... just get yourself a good dog.
There ain't nothing like a good dog...

Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I put my son on as soon as both feet could touch the footpegs (5yo). Got a nice red Arai helmet with gold sheil so he looked like a power ranger. My daughter will reach next spring so she'll be riding then. I would not have wanted to wait till they are teens to take them; too many missed opportunities. Also if you do not let them ride until then what are the odds that they will be interested then; asteens will have their friends/sports etc. riding with "dad" will not be a priority.Asfas as "endangerment" I took my son out for @65 miles today was 30 when I picked him up and@20 when we headed home after an appointment. I sure somedo gooder mightnot feel that ridingwith those conditions are safe.

If you really wanta sidecar pick up a Ural for less than a HD sidecar w/installation then you have the Ultra to commute or take the SO out when you get a babysitter.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: texan321

ORIGINAL: GlennsGlide

They eventually go - BUT THEY KEEP COMING BACK - and usually with their hand out.
This is true - but they also bring back stuff with them - kids - pets - furniture(which you are expected to pay for storing) - helping around the house like - laundry??? - forget it. It is like they feel it is a dorm and live there rent free and come and go as the please - so - We moved to a much smaller place...solved that whole problem!
I have two boys and I'd have to say my relationship with them is a "Love/Hate" relationship. I "Loved" it both times they moved out ... and I "Hated" it both times they moved back home. By the way, I now know changing the locks won't keep them out if momma just gives them the damn key.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all Congratulations.

I've not been prouder of anything else in life than raising my kids and watching them grow. Is life over as you know it? You bet. It's about to get better than it ever has been. I've been to every tap dance, piano recital, concert, karate tourn, ball game, etc. etc. I wanted to be there and Iwas. I quit my verywell paying corporate job and sold my man toys to make it all happen and have never looked back. As they were growing up I bought toys we could dotogether; sandrails, go carts, campers,BB guns,dirt bikes and on and on. It was all good.Our oldest is 24 and the youngest is 17, at that age it isnt cool to hangwith the parents. Enjoy it while you got it. Never look back.

At the blink of an eye they will be gone and you'll beriding with the Geezers...and that's cool too

Old 11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: AustinRider

As far as having your first child, I regret to inform you that YOUR life is now officially over. From this point on, everything will be about momma and the baby.
Well this is just horse$hi++! If this guy is serious I feel sorry for him...
serious as a heart attack ... but don't feel sorry for me ... just send $$$ ... the old lady and the mooches have bled me dry

Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM
nwbobnw
Cruiser

Been riding for 38 years and have 6 kids and 12 grandkids. Keep riding,no one ever has enough money anyway.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
daconiam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new addition!

Buy a $50,000 whole life policy that is paid off when the youngin turns 17. When it matures 17 years down the road, it will be their college fund, get a car and get out of the house fund,or your play money for that new 2024 Harley Davidson Ultra!

P.S. If it is a girl, look into convents that will take them at 12 years old and not give them back until they are 25......Saves lots of heartaches and worry! [&:]

Quick Reply: How long would it take for me to get arrested?