Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever tried these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Has anyone ever tried these?

Here is yet another option for you. http://www.hippohands.com/Harley%20Hippo%20Hands.htm

Terry

Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 PM
monkish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: hawgwildterry

Here is yet another option for you. http://www.hippohands.com/Harley%20Hippo%20Hands.htm

Terry
Now that looks interesting. As saidin another response,I've wasted more in one night on the town.

They look easy to put on for a long ride and just use good leather gloves. If going for short run use good ski type gloves.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
arcticblast
Intermediate

Just buy the H/D heated gloves....They're awesome.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know been riding for a lotta years, just feels that the cold is colder than all the other years. Wife says if I want heated grips or gloves just get them. I sometimes wish I could talk her into moving to where is warm year around. LOL

Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: monkish

ORIGINAL: Joe Mark

Motorcycle cops here use them, must be ok. IMHO if its THAT cold to need them, I would be more concerned about frost/ice on the road.I hit the road at 2:40 AM, yes, 0245 hrs., and most mornings it is now in the mid 30s. SOON I'll be driving my truck the 16 miles to work.
I rode last year with temps in the mid 20's but it was only about 13 miles to work. I am now 52 miles since I transfered so I drive my company truck but that means I do not ride every day. SoI am determined to ride on the weekends but that will be for more than 13 miles and I will need more protection on the old hands.I have goodgear for cold riding except gloves that actually work and I do not want heated gloves. I was just real curious about these....
A guy on this forum from up in Wisconson said these Ice Fishing Glove are great,I'm going to try 'em.

Ice Armour Gloves

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=70040

Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a set of those hippo hands (although I remember them being called Whale hands) about 18 years ago. I only used them for one winter. I just could not get use to them. Made me feel like it was more dangerous with them on. Like my hands were glued to the bar, or something. A very uneasy feeling, IMO. I can't remember what I ever did with them... but, I use to drink A LOT! LOL

Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

I've tried something very similar. They are not that great by themselves. Althought they do block the wind they do nothing to heat your hands. When your hands get cold they stay cold. Also, I noticed that most of the cold was coming from the steel bars through the grips.
IMHO, don't waste the money. I cut mine up and use them to protect my knees and shins, like gators.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the hippo hands, I like the way they fit perfect around the mirrors and throttle cables,my right hand is a little screwed up from a run in on a bike with a pickup who didn't see me [:@]so heavier winter gloves are a bitch for me to get on my right hand [:@]So I use a light set of deer skin gloves and the hippo hands, they hold their shape so getting your hands out and putting them back in is very easy, and they're not real long so you don't feel trapped with the Hippo's, deer skins, and my heated grips I'm fine down to temps a sane man wouldn't ride in, but they do said me and my Brother in law are crazy bastards