Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Answer on Footboards...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Honest Answer on Footboards...

I have looked at some really nice footboard inserts but none of them feel quite as good as the stock units.

I would like to keep function over form.

You guys that have upgraded, is there a noticeable difference in comfort over the stock inserts?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Honest Answer on Footboards...

I have a SG with the Steamliner Floorboards and although they look good there have been times I wish I had the Stock boards that come with the EGC, EGU, RK and RG. They are a little larger and definitly have more dampening for vibration than the Streamliners.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the horizontal bar inserts in mine, and they feel just as good to me, if for no other reason than they look 100 times better than the "Buddy" stock inserts.

nogood o~`o

Old 11-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the "Nostalgia" footboard inserts on my Road King, and liked them so much I bought another set for my Road Glide. They are "isolated" with rubber just like the stock footboard inserts and very comfortable. I'm riding a Street Glide as a loaner bike now, and for some reason just can't seem to keep my feet on the footboards. I don't know whether it's the shape, hard rubber, or what - but those stock inserts on the Street Glide just don't seem to work as well.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

I had the "Nostalgia" footboard inserts on my Road King, and liked them so much I bought another set for my Road Glide. They are "isolated" with rubber just like the stock footboard inserts and very comfortable. I'm riding a Street Glide as a loaner bike now, and for some reason just can't seem to keep my feet on the footboards. I don't know whether it's the shape, hard rubber, or what - but those stock inserts on the Street Glide just don't seem to work as well.
I agree, I use the same ones, I think they are more comfortable than stock.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:34 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gamma742

I have looked at some really nice footboard inserts but none of them feel quite as good as the stock units.

I would like to keep function over form.

You guys that have upgraded, is there a noticeable difference in comfort over the stock inserts?
I've ridden a few bikes with custom boards - always happy to come back to my stockers. There's some seriously cheap crap out there.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 AM
sewerat
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ridden alot of customers bikes with just about every style of board and most of them are junk. The stock ones are about the best and the nostagelia ones are ok . I feel about the same for grips, most suck, the stock ones are about $5/pr

Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Jalopyjoe
1st Gear

I puta set ofStreamliner floorboards on myRK, but I went back to the stock ones because they are much more comfortable for me.I wear a size 12 boot and I tend to ride with my toes out, so the additionalsurface space of the stock ones feel better to me. I also found that the weight of my heel caused me to bottom out the metal ring around the insert (against the base).I sold my Streamliners to a friend and he loves them... Go figure!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 AM
GreyGhost
Cruiser

Great info, guys. I had been thinking of going to the Streamliners for the slick looks, but I'll take comfort over style anytime. (at my age). The best thing I did was get rid of the heel shifter. Gives me more room to move my foot around. $12 for the chrome shaft cap and all is well.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

I think I might go with these. I have seen them and they look great. Dang things are expensive though. I didn't want to spend a bunch a money if they weren't going to be comfortable..

Quick Reply: Honest Answer on Footboards...