Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB 7 vs Reinharts True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:29 PM
troutbum1971
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BUB 7 vs Reinharts True Duals

i love my bub 7's. doing a 103 as we speak, i will get the dyno numbers for you guys when it's done. the only problem is when it's dopne it gettting crated out to Berlin. I wont see it again until mar/apr timeframe.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:53 PM
tlr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: troutbum1971

i love my bub 7's. doing a 103 as we speak, i will get the dyno numbers for you guys when it's done. the only problem is when it's dopne it gettting crated out to Berlin. I wont see it again until mar/apr timeframe.
can you please be more specific. what do you love about them? how do they sound at idle. The sound clip on their website sounds weak, it only sounds better when it is opened up. Can you compare the 7's to the Rineharts? Thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 10:11 AM
BLUFLHX
Advanced

Its interesting. When you go to the Bub website , they tell you that keeping the crossover is good for low and midrange performance ,which is good for a heavy FL model. I would say save your money and keep the stock head pipes.They work. That blue FL that Bub has on the website does anyone know what brand of solo seat is on it....I like the shape and the chrome rail on the back.....The High five air cleaner looks good too.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 AM
troutbum1971
Banned

Well they are deep at idle but not overly loud so you can hear the radio. When cruising they sound good, anyone around knows they are not stock. when you get on it everyone within miles (LOL exaggeration) knows you are coming. I did notice a drop off in low end power. So I did the 103 to compensate for the low end not being there. I can't say anything about the Rhinehart's no one here has them on a 08. I don't know what else to say, I love them and it's the same company. So go with what you like.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a big motor (>110 inches) go with the Bub Seven. Smalle, the RH will be a better pipe. Strictly talking performance....

Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 AM
clg9mm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well got them installed last night. You need 3 hands or it is a real PITA unfortunately I only had two. Mufflers have two sets of holes for the mounting direction to make it up or down slash. You just switch the sidethe mount goes on and put the filler screw in in the bottom. The starter bracket mount is a pain to get the clamp around without help. The muffler clamps they supply are a little lame. I'm probably going to switch them out as they don't seem to get a tight seal. It was about 1100 when I finished so I only fired her up for a couple minutes (didn't want to wake the neighbors) They sound sweet. Nice rumble not tinny or overly obnoxious. I already had the foot boards moved out so I didn't have to mess with the spacers. The front exhaust top stud is impossible to get at with the heat shield on. I used a pair of needle nose vise grips to get it tightened as a socket or wrench won't fit in there. It is supposed to warm up to about 42 today so I'll update in a couple hours when I get a few miles on them.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:17 PM
rugguy51
Advanced

Has anyone tried the Bub 2 into 1? I wonder how they compare to the Rineharts 2 into 1? Did a search and could not find anything. The Rineharts look like they havea little shorter pipe before they go into the collecter? Thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
clg9mm
Advanced

Well just got back. It was slightly cold and everybody looked at me like I was nuts...damn I hate when people figure me out that quick. They have a nice rumble but can still hear the radio...as long as you aren't really on it. Power seems good. Good choice for those that want louder without going deaf. They are a deeper rumble tone than the RHTD or the VH and Ovals or Rushes. If you likequiet pipes probably not going to like them and I'm sure you will post and complain about them on somebody elses bike. Not tinny nice deep rumble that really comes to life when you hammer it. I had Rush, Stock(about 5 minutes), and the VH ovals. These have the best sound. The sound bite on the BUB's site don't really do the pipes justice. These are the set w/o the crossover.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: clg9mm

Well just got back. It was slightly cold and everybody looked at me like I was nuts...damn I hate when people figure me out that quick. They have a nice rumble but can still hear the radio...as long as you aren't really on it. Power seems good. Good choice for those that want louder without going deaf. They are a deeper rumble tone than the RHTD or the VH and Ovals or Rushes. If you likequiet pipes probably not going to like them and I'm sure you will post and complain about them on somebody elses bike. Not tinny nice deep rumble that really comes to life when you hammer it. I had Rush, Stock(about 5 minutes), and the VH ovals. These have the best sound. The sound bite on the BUB's site don't really do the pipes justice. These are the set w/o the crossover.
Are you using an EFI tuner? If so, which map did you use? If not, did you notice any change in HP or torque?

Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
clg9mm
Advanced

Running the SERT with canned map for my build. Didn't dyno it so HP and Torque??? It was fast and pulled hard before and still does.

Quick Reply: BUB 7 vs Reinharts True Duals