Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK custom & beach bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
mountian man
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK custom & beach bars

I'm thinking about a set of Beach bars for my custom,But my concern is my bad back.Do they make you lean forward after riding for awhile.I have set on bikes with Beach bars but never rode long distance.I like to lean back when I ride.Will these bars letme do that after long rides or Do they make you lean forward the longer you ride?Will I have to buy any longer cables?Thanks for help.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Littleleroy
Advanced
Default RE: RK custom & beach bars

I was just looking at a RK Classic with beach bars, and they look to me like you would be sitting straight up. BUT, the thing that concerned me was the bars came all the way back to gas cap and fuel gauge on the tank--hit them, in fact, at full lock, and had even dented one of them. Something to consider at any rate.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 PM
mountian man
Cruiser

Looks like someone could just loosen and raise them up to fix that.Not sure though

Old 11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Littleleroy

I was just looking at a RK Classic with beach bars, and they look to me like you would be sitting straight up. BUT, the thing that concerned me was the bars came all the way back to gas cap and fuel gauge on the tank--hit them, in fact, at full lock, and had even dented one of them. Something to consider at any rate.
That's exactly right (check my photo album...beach bars, whichI eventuallychanged to Wild 1's 518 bars), the cables will drag across you gas cap, etc and they are very uncomfortable (for most people.....some people love them). But, if you want to sit back, then you need something that comes back 14 to 16 inches depending on how tall you are and an end rise of about 6 inches. Most beach bars have an end rise of about 3 inches.

You can raise the beach bars up, but that does put the angle of the grip off, which gets pretty uncomfortable on the wrists.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wild 1's - 518's would do ya better then the Beach Bars... Beach Bars tend to leave your arms a bit lower where the 518's have a bit more lift.... You might even consider 10" Apes as they might fit you better for your back problem???

Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have beach bars have logged 69k miles using them. I find them very comfortable using a windshield and a backrest.

True, if you get 1 1/4" inch bars, they can hit the gas cap and gas gauge. However, I have 1" bars and have no troubles. Cables rubbing are no problem if you run them correctly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/D5DEBFF629724922AF9EA9F782BBB3B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/9EEBF4A6DB1044A2A6CFD4EA6B7CDE49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-23-2007, 08:05 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: Littleleroy

if they are the stock beach bars and they are doing this, then they are adjusted incorrectly. mine do not hit or rub. for them to be comfortable, you can't just grab them, you have to hold them kinda like how a drummer holds his sticks..... at least i do or i get some wrist pain, but then again, i have some issues with my wrist from my army days.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:05 AM
BergeRON
Intermediate

If you already have a Road King Custom, You have beach bars...right? I thought the bars I have on my '07 RKCustom are beach bars. Please Corect me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:44 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

yes, the custom comes stock with beach bars....

Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 AM
oneshotdog
Tourer

You may also want to consider the HD reach bars, they look good and are confortable

Quick Reply: RK custom & beach bars