Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb cagers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dumb cagers

I saw a completely boneheaded move by a cager yesterday while out enjoying the nice weather, followed up by an even bigger boneheadded move by yet another cage. I know I'm not alone in whitnessing stupid people on the road so, my question to everyone here is this; What's the dumbest move you have seen made by a cager while riding?

Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumb cagers

This is a funny one.... the other day I was on the way home from work. It's a 2 lane one direction road. so im in the left lane and we are approaching a lighted intersection. Well the lght was green and in the right lane was 2 cars. The first one slowed to turn right well there was a truck stopped at the intersection on the right so when the car turned right the truck came out. no biggy well the kid in the second car thought he shouldn't have come out so he decides to cut into my lane right in front of me to speed around the truck that pulled out to pick up that one spot. Well needless to say I was able to control brake hard so the idiot didn't hit me. Well at the next light was about 2oo yards he was stopped I stopped next to him and started chewing a new **** on the kid for not paying attention. Well he had a look of dumbness (typical) so as i just get done chewing I start pulling away as the light has turned green well the idiot rearended the car in front of him. Justice served. I should have stuck around and see if I could have had a cop write him up for reckless driving....

Old 11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

The one I remember most was when I was sitting at a stoplight in the left turning lane. The intersection had one of those curbs/barriers extending out into the intersection to keep dumba$$es from turning left while in the throughgoing (right hand) lanes. I watched this jacka$$ (in absolute horror) make a left hand turn from the right hand lane around the lane barrier, against a red light, through two lanes of moving bumber-to-bumper traffic, and then plow into the side of a guy on a Sporty who was doing about 35 mph. Bike in flames, rider flies through air, bounces off sidewalk curb into steel power pole....I think he died but not sure. The dumba$$ cager took off but we caught him about two blocks away trying to hide. He was drunk/high, revoked license, multiple prior DUI's. Hope the jerk did some hard time.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Talking on a cell phone in heavy traffic, reading a book, putting on makeup... you name I've seen it...

Old 11-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

since i started this,I might as well tell my latest. Was on interste 64 yesterday leaving Charlottesville, saw a cage on the right side, brakedown lane, 4 ways on, the whole bit.I justknew they would pull out, sure enough, they did. There was a cage to my left, hard brake, fall in behind them, got past just barely. shortly after that, the same cage goes flying past me and didn't see the trooper 3 cars in front of me. Trooper hits the blues and goes after them, when the trooper gets to the left lane to follow them, the cage in fron of him takes the left lane and makes the trooper hit the brakedown lane, thank god he saved it.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I was in Atlanta earlier this year. Just when I thought I had seen it all, how about a cell phone in one hand, and a chicken wing in the other. Which hand was on the steering wheel? Or, 3 gangbangers riding about 80 mph in a Police Interceptor Ford Crown Vic (not in the back), smokin' a big 'ol doobie. The prize went to the woman who was on her cell phone in one hand, and working on her laptop computer with the other. Once again, which hand was on the steering wheel?

Old 11-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife and I were on the freeway and this car is crazy weaving in and out of traffic. They pass us and we look in the car and they are laughing and every thing is funny. Well they snatched over to the far right lane (slow lane)to pass a truck that was next to the slow lane. There was a car in the slow lane slightly in front of the truck that they couldn't see. The were accelerating so fast, that they were on that car before they could see it. They slammed on the brakes, thefront tire blows outand the car spins out. The car ended upperpendicularto the freeway on the right shoulderbut facing the freeway. So everyone that passed them could see theminside the car. The car was doing a very very very slow roll backwards, but there was a 10-20 foot slope from the freeway to the feeder and the car picked up speed when it went down the slope. If you could have seen their faces when they were going over the slope you would still be laughing. I wanted topull over but I would have just been pouring salt in their wounds.

Second story: I will keep this one short.

Going down the freeway again, middle of the day but there were only2 other cars near me. (1 truckin the fast lane about4 cars up, a car behind the truck about 3 cars back) and I was next to the fast laneslightly behind the car. Thetruckis drifting slowly in my lane but it's no biggie because I'm about 4 cars behind him. (I guess he had taken his eyes off the road) When henoticed he was drifting in the next lane he steers too hard back to the left and the side of his truck slams into the concrete divider. Me and the car hit brakes behind him and the truck never slows down. I look at the lady in the car and she looks at me and we have a puzzle look on our face, like did we just see that? I tried to catch him just to look inside his truck, but this dude hit about 90mph and was outta there.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Richard

Talking on a cell phone in heavy traffic, reading a book, putting on makeup... you name I've seen it...
I saw a lady going down interstate eating Chinese food.....WITH CHOPSTICKS.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:05 AM
corgi
Road Master

About two years ago I passed a car who was slow in the passing lane on the hwy. I came up to him on the right and realized he was getting a BJ. His girlfriend sat up, smiled at me and went back to business.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:24 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zimbob

I saw a completely boneheaded move by a cager yesterday while out enjoying the nice weather, followed up by an even bigger boneheadded move by yet another cage. I know I'm not alone in whitnessing stupid people on the road so, my question to everyone here is this; What's the dumbest move you have seen made by a cager while riding?
We're all cagers, too. And if I spouted off about every stupid move I see on the roads - car and bike alike - I'd have no time to enjoy life. Ride defensively and move on.

Quick Reply: Dumb cagers