Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM
lorenc
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder

I did the saddlebag holder but I replaced the standard water bottle with a Thermos "Hydration Bottle # 2465". It fits perfectly. I just did this 2 weeks ago and tests so far result in coffee staying hot for 1 hour and water with 3 ice cubes in it staying cool for a couple of hours. (60-70 degree weather) It has a flip top that activates by pushing the grey button so the surface you touch to drink is covered when in holder. Its a little pricy @ $17.00 and I could only find it at Walgreens but I'mvery happy with it.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one on the left side of my EGS. Like the bag....the idea. Trouble is, whenever I go to get my ciggies out of the pouch....it's next to the exhaust.....Im CONSTANTLY burning a blister on my fingers. That's enough to make me regret it....or to have at least bought one for the RIGHT SIDE!!!

I recently put a windshield pouch (the 3 pouch type). Convenient...but 'vibrates' against the windshield in the 2000 rpm range.

Something for ya to think about.

Billy G

Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the guard bags without the water bottle pocket on my Road King. I used them a lot. I would put a 1 liter water bottle in one and gloves and other stuff in the other. If you have the combo bag, the pockets are not as useful for other things and you're limited to the smaller bottles with the nipple. Never cared for those. Do they have guard bags for the '08 Ultra? I'm not sure they do, but I really miss them.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Compared to what the pouch/water bottle costs through HD, the $17.00 is a bargain. Beats wrapping the black leather with silver reflective and then finding a water bottle to fit that's a light color. The black over black is the worst idea for keeping any beverage cool.
ORIGINAL: lorenc

I did the saddlebag holder but I replaced the standard water bottle with a Thermos "Hydration Bottle # 2465". It fits perfectly. I just did this 2 weeks ago and tests so far result in coffee staying hot for 1 hour and water with 3 ice cubes in it staying cool for a couple of hours. (60-70 degree weather) It has a flip top that activates by pushing the grey button so the surface you touch to drink is covered when in holder. Its a little pricy @ $17.00 and I could only find it at Walgreens but I'mvery happy with it.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:00 PM
grinner
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 43 Posts

I have both pouches and I LOVE them.

But, I'll sell 'em to you if you want. I'm planning to strip down my EG Classic and put profile saddle bag guards on it. The bag pouches won't fit on the profile guards. I found it best to put the bottle on the right. That way it's accessible when stopped (left hand holding clutch). The pouch-only one on the left. That's where I keep my wallet, phone, keys, etc. I found the 20oz gatorades to be the best because they have a nipple on the top rather than a screw top. Squirt some in your mouth at a stop and you're good to go. Passenger can reach the bottle on the fly.

If you don't mind having a lot of stuff on your bike, these are a must-have in my opinion.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

I have these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget They work well you will have to remove some of the snaps ( you will see what I mean when you fit them) and you will need to soak the flaps to stretch them a little, but they work great especially for the price. he offers them both in leather and vinyl but Ihave onlyused the leather.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Rodent
Road Master

I have the water botter holder bag which by the way will also hold my 10" tall tapered stainless steel coffee mug I purchased from the Meijer's Grocery store. The mug was in the housewares department for around $9.
Good for the morning commutes.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

was gonna get them, but they rub against the legs of my vertically challenged wife on the back. Thus went with the Kruzer Kaddy. Works great.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
av_racer
Intermediate

i put the water on the right and pouch on the left. My girlfriend uses it for her water and does not bother her leg or foot.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Harley Stan
Tourer

I have both gaurd bags on my Road King, I keep the water on the left. I don't use it that often but is always nice to have when in the middle of nowhere. I also keep the small pouch section with sunscreen. The full size puch on the right I keep my tool roll and spare light bulbs

Quick Reply: Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder