Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEA FOAM - questions and answers and technical datasheets

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEA FOAM - questions and answers and technical datasheets

I sent the following questions and got these answers back from the makers of SEA FOAM.

They also sent me a bunch of technical data sheets and press releases.

If interested, I stored the files here: http://www.box.net/shared/nn4m33sa76

Dave H.

[quote]

[/align]Hello,[/align][/align]I have just "discovered" your product SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT thru HDForums.com where it has gotten rave reviews.[/align][/align]So I plan to put it in my car's oil and gas, my wife's car's oil and gas, my inlaw's car's oil and gas, my son's car's oil and gas, my other son's car's oil and gas, my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic motorcycle oil and gas, my lawn mower, my snowblower, my gasoline reserves, etc..... I'm going to use it religiously and boost your company's profits [/align][/align]Few questions first (please advise best/max dosages too):[/align][/align]1.) Is this stuff OK to put into a newer (2005) fuel injected Harley Davidson Big Twin's engine oil crankcase that is using Mobil 1 V-twin synthetic???[/align][/align]#1 Yes, any gasoline, Gas/oil mix or diesel fuel in ANY type of engine 2 cycle, 4 cycle, rotary and diesel.[/align][/align][/align]2.) What about the motorcycle's primary/clutch where I use RedLine Shockproof Heavy???[/align][/align]
#2 Not in any BRAKE FLUID system. Ok for any HYDRAULIC OIL SYSTEM, but use Trans Tune where Hydraulic Oils are used.[/align][/align][/align][/align]3.) Andthe motorcycle's transmission where I use RedLine MTL??? Would I be better off using Trans Tune in the primary and trannyholes or nothing at all???[/align][/align]
#3 If a wet clutch, and uses Hydraulic oil, use Trans tune at 1 can (16 ounces ) to4 gallons = 1 ounce per quart[/align]If it shares engine oil, use Sea Foam Motor Treatment at 1 1/2 ounces per quart[/align][/align][/align][/align]4.) How long really before you can see the cumulative cleaning effects??? My main concern is carbon deposits in my cycle's rich running engine - needs to be rich to keep it cool. Any tips on de-carbonizing a V-twin??? (always run 93 octane).[/align][/align]
#4 When used in the fuel (see attachments) most report changes within a few miles of driving. [/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]5.) Any damage doneusing Seam Foamin EVERY tank full of gas on any of these engines above???[/align][/align]
#5 Sea Foam is 100% blended petroleum oil. Impossible to harm anything except oil/fuel residue (i.e. carbon too) and Moisture. Read theBack of container, first highlight. [/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]6.) Would it be better to add to the oilsBEFORE or AFTER every oil change???[/align][/align]
#6 Read attachment on Sea Foam in engine oil, use both ways.[/align][/align][/align][/align]7.) I bought a bunch of pints and noticed that they are a rather viscous yellowish fluid. But I also bought a gallon container too. The Sea Foam from the gallon appears totally different - it is a much lower viscosity, more

Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: SEA FOAM - questions and answers

Thank you
this is what the forum is about
jim

Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SEA FOAM - questions and answers and technical datasheets

I think I'll try it - right after I change my "Blinker Fluid"

Old 11-19-2007, 05:35 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

good stuff. i use it.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Second that, good stuff, also use it.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That stuff has been around forever.
All modern oils, gearlubes andgasoline have all the additives your engine need.
That stuff was dreamed up back in the days of non detergent oil and ethyl.
I worked in a parts store for almost 10 years and that stuff and many more like itwhere designed to part you from your money.
Save your money.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
XfasteddieX
Tourer

i am a automotive mechanic & ill tell you ti is the best stuff out there way better than b-12 chemtool

Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yessiree!...If it costs money and don't hurt anything then buy lots of it and get yerself that warm fuzzy feeling.

I think I missed my calling. I should be selling snake oil.

Bud Light is the only substance sold that is actually better for you than natural water....It is full of vitimin P.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
BGHV65
Cruiser

You can buy Seafoam at your friendly O'Reilly Auto Parts store......just a shameless plug!!

Old 11-20-2007, 02:52 AM
mariner227
Road Master

Some seem to want to knock this product. My bikes don't sit long enough to really need this product. My tiller and snow blower are a different story. I've used this stuff for years in outboards, mowers, etc. If there is a better fuel stabilizer out there, I havenot found it.

Quick Reply: SEA FOAM - questions and answers and technical datasheets