Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electirc Jacket Liner is Hot.Hot,Hot...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
seldyn1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electirc Jacket Liner is Hot.Hot,Hot...

Just bought the Harley Davidson electric jacket liner (made by gerbings as noted previously on this site.) I am in Chicago and it was hovering around 40 most of the day. I put the liner under my leather jacket and was really glad I also bought the thermostat, it allows you to dial in just the right heat. I could feel the warmth throughout the whole jacket, arms back, chest and neck. Really works well and makes a huge difference. Highly recommend!! Bought the pig tail that allows you to just plug into your battery tender plug. Easy!!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Electirc Jacket Liner is Hot.Hot,Hot...

I bought the gloves yesterday, but the jacket is next.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

Yup it was 34 degrees Saturday morning in VA Beach. The gerbing's jacket liner and gloves came in on Friday. I too was glad the I got the dual thermostat. I didn't have the jacket liner on high for very long! Great stuff!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
mhud
Road Captain

Picked up the HD gloves and jacket liner yesterday at my Hd store's annual 20% off sale. Tried them today on the Blue Ridge Pkwy with temps in the 40s. Worked great on low setting with dual control. Should have had these years ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43876/AE79F3D15CB643588921F9430796FCDC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
oneshotdog
Tourer

I was out today for about an hour, 0 degrees celcius, Just installed the chrome wind deflector and had to take it out to see wether it was as functional as it was good looking, Im not sure that it is, 3/4 way through the ride (all hiway at 130km/h or 80mph) I finally had to pull over and plug in the heated coat, I love the gear

Old 11-19-2007, 12:53 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I rode up to Gerbings to save some $ in their discount room. Bought an entire set of socks, pants, jacket, and gloves for $600. Installed the pigtail they giave me so that it sticks out on the left side of the eat. Works great.

:Leaving Friday for Yuma, AZ. 3000 + miles round trip. Can't wait. I know I won't be cold.
Steve L.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

OMG This heated gear rocks. Why didn't I but this stuff before. Saturday morning it was below 30 when I left the house, just a little chilly for us Southern folk. I have the socks and jacket liner, and was lookin for the on off switch in about 10 miles, wow, this really works. Did buy the dual controller later that day, lol, needed it, became way to warm without it. Just won a set of gloves off e-bay. Now I can't wait until it turns cold again, going to be close to 70 the next couple of days. I now see that I will be riding year-round. If you do live where you don't have to put the bike away for winter, do yourself a favor, get the heated gear. Sure it isn't cheap, but the smile per mile factor is inmeasurable, and pleasurable.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

So what all is needed to hook it up? I saw several different adapters. Thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

Connecting Harness

Plugs from the battery to the power switch. Attach to positive ring terminal from the connecting harness to the positive terminal on the battery. The positive terminal contains a fuse. Connect the negative ring terminal from the connecting harness to the negative terminal on the battery. Plug the other end into the power switch or controller. Lifetime warranty.

MSRP US $20.00

Contact us for pricing and availability.

98536-04V

[IMG]http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/dfcd37c8be7982/

Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM
seldyn1
Tourer

Trock, Hooking it up is a piece of cake. If you already have a battery tender with a pigtail attached to your battery for external access (it's the only way to go!) you can buy an sae connector with the same type of plug that will connect to your heated jacket liner or vest (I highly recommend the jacket liner for your arms).

Or, the clothing comes with wiring that you can connect to your battery directly by just attaching it to your terminals... then extend the plug from out under your seat.

If you connect to the battery tender you need to change the fuse from 7.5amps to 15 amps. Fuse can be purchased at any auto parts store.

If you live in a cold weather climate you will love this set up. And btw pay the extra for the variable controlled thermostat... see posts above.

Quick Reply: Electirc Jacket Liner is Hot.Hot,Hot...