Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C, Tuner, Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:43 PM
pab
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C, Tuner, Exhaust

My 07 EG Classic, which I bought new just over a year ago, has 11,000 miles on it, and except for comfort and apperance items, it is stock. I'm o.k. with the stock mufflers, but would like to beat the heat and add a little power. Is it possible to add a SEA/C plus a PCIII and keep the stock muffs? Or, if the stock muffs won't work with this set-up,do the Rushslip-onswith 1.5" or 1.75" baffles sound about the same asmy stock units? A little sound would be alright, but I just don't want to end up with another really load bike. Been there, done that.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
rsofa
Road Captain
Default RE: A/C, Tuner, Exhaust

From what I've read on here no need to do the AC if you don't let the air out with better Mufflers just add the SERT to richen up the fuel,,,,

Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 PM
pab
Tourer

I understand. So, how do I keep the bike quiet &open it upat the same time? Wouldn't mufflers such as Rushes with 1.5" or 1.75" baffles vs. 2.0" baffles restrict the flow same as stock mufflers?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:51 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I doubt if anyone makes an aftermarket muffler that is as restrictive (quiet) as the stock mufflers.

You might try a PCIII with no other changes to see if that cools your bike down some. I ran one on my stock bike for a few weeks and I think it made a difference. Bike ran stronger, cooler, and smoother.

I chose to complete the stage 1 with mufflers, AC, and true duals.

I have pics in my gallery.
Steve L.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:28 AM
kgjl
Tourer

I have a 07 Ultra. I added a PCIII, and nothing else. The crossover pipe now glows a dull orange at night. That is better than the cherry red it was when stock. When the warranty is done next September, I will probably finish out the stage 1.
FuelMoto sent me the PCIII with the map already loaded.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're not planning on doing any additional Engine Up-Grades I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND:

RUSH 1.5" Slip-Ons
Ness Big Sucker Air Kit
V&H FuelPak

I have had GREAT LUCK with the FuelPak and it saves ya a few $$$ and Ness Big Sucker is better then the SE air kit as it has a cleanable K&N type filter - The 1.5 Rush should keep you right about the sound level you want to be at...

With this combo you will improve the over-all performance while reducing the heat and not a killer to MPG - I have been avg over 42 mpg (city & hwy combo)

These can be installed & set-up in about an 1 hour or so - as all of these are very user friendly ...

Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

You can definitely see a performance and cooling improvement with a high flow air intake and fuel management system. I have used several combos, but the one I liked the best was the SE Stage 1 Intake coupled with the Stage 1 Download. The K&N element in the stock housing and Stage 1 Download would be an equally effective and less costly approach (less than $250).

Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

Will I get any Blow By I have read about from this AC setup and is there an easy fix if so?
ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

If you're not planning on doing any additional Engine Up-Grades I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND:

RUSH 1.5" Slip-Ons
Ness Big Sucker Air Kit
V&H FuelPak

I have had GREAT LUCK with the FuelPak and it saves ya a few $$$ and Ness Big Sucker is better then the SE air kit as it has a cleanable K&N type filter - The 1.5 Rush should keep you right about the sound level you want to be at...

With this combo you will improve the over-all performance while reducing the heat and not a killer to MPG - I have been avg over 42 mpg (city & hwy combo)

These can be installed & set-up in about an 1 hour or so - as all of these are very user friendly ...

Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SE IIs (hd 64985-07A) are just a little louder then the stock pipes and will handle the air flow you need.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm thinking about AN BS, Fulsac True Dual kit, and one of the Electronic Fuel tuners.

I like the stock mufflers, and really do not want to make my pipes louder because I love and want to hear the radio. The removal of the crossover pipe should remove some heat along with the appropriate FI map. In addition, it a low cost alternative and should be able to do it myself.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: A/C, Tuner, Exhaust