Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APES INSTALLED---WOW (changed for chumly)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
cwilks
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: APES INSTALLED---WOW (changed for chumly)

Here's an installation video I referenced on my install... http://www.kenandjudy.us/Harley%20Pi...Bars/index.htm Its easier to loosen the radio and slide it back to get access to the top clamps in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Towpro
Banned

Dam, looking good bro.

1 quick question though,,,,,,,,,,can you still ride with the fingerless gloves, or do you get too much air up there, UH ????

Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: Hardly Dangerous

12"er's were the highest I've ridden and they felt pretty good. Some bikes just look better with apes but for the guys that say they handle better [sm=bs.gif] Have you ever seen a racer with apes? [sm=noooo.gif]

I use brakes on the STREET....ya got a problem with that too????????????????
No, ain't got a problem with using brakes and ain't got a problem with racin in a straight line andain't got a problem with apes at all. Just makin a point about people saying they handle better than other bars!

[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
cwilks
Banned

12"er's were the highest I've ridden and they felt pretty good. Some bikes just look better with apes but for the guys that say they handle better [sm=bs.gif] Have you ever seen a racer with apes? [sm=noooo.gif]

I use brakes on the STREET....ya got a problem with that too????????????????
No, ain't got a problem with using brakes and ain't got a problem with racin in a straight line andain't got a problem with apes at all. Just makin a point about people saying they handle better than other bars!

[sm=kissykissy.gif]
See if you can wrap your mind around this..........I THINK APES...ON MY BIKE....IN MY OPINION....AT THIS MOMENT RIGHT NOW.....handle better than the stock bars (as I stated in a previous post I think it has to do with better leverage) Now that's MY OPINION in MY SITUATION and that's what I BELIEVE............Now in YOUR situation maybe it didn't work for you but your certainly no authority on it because EVERYONE has different ability.

That's the problem with this site....you ALWAYS have to spell things out because there's going to be some *** hole who wants to dispute what you say when really its just different people's OPINION'S of certain situations..............just sayin

Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the problem with this site....you ALWAYS have to spell things out because there's going to be some *** hole who wants to dispute what you say when really its just different people's OPINION'S of certain situations..............just sayin
Don't blame it on this site. You know you are always going to get some unedumucated *** holes who have unedumucated opinions anywhere you go. That's what makes this site what it is. Entertainment. Take what you canand throw the rest away. The main thing is you are happy with what you got. What the fuc do I know anyway!

Old 11-20-2007, 02:16 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: APE'S INSTALLED---WOW

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

Welcome to Ape town! I disagree on the loss of low speed control AND the looking stupid comment! Loss of low speed sontrol is about the RIDER not the bars. I have more control now than I did with the stock "beach bars" on my FLHRS. Im swapping out my apes next week to LA choppers MFers. Ill post pics when Im done as well!
First off "Welcome to the Jungle"wilks,ya looking good!!!!

ApeKing you are dead on with your reply!!!

Yeah it felt a lil weird busting a slow U wee at first but once you know your Skill vs azzz pucker level with your own bike,its a cinch!!!People ask me all the time how i manage a slow crawl, tank slap turn at the gas station with my apes.I'm comfortable with my bike and my riding skillz,that i can handle it.I dont eff around with my wife on the back,but solo no problem for me.I'm only 5'8 and weigh a buc and some change!!!

Ape,wanna see them ***** when ya get em mounted bro!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

The bars look great! Can anyone comment on how comfortable apesare for riding500-mile days. That's how I roll.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

5 hunnert on stock bars......Kudos!That hurts my back thinkin 'bout it. Mebbe ushud getsome kinda patch or sumfin for dat ;->

Try 1210 miles....in 17.5 hrs....w/ 16" 1.5" FAT apes. Now u know I how roll, yo.

Ironbutt Association #24301
Combat Vets Motorcycle Association
SUSPENDO EM ALTUS

LexVegas KY baby....Home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM
HardCore_18
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C- Where did you get your air cleaner cover? Confirm it is 5 1/2 in. Thanks in advance, Jim

Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats my point!!!
I had shoulder pain on four to five hunnid runs before i went up to 16"s with 6" on the pullback.Now with the apes,man i could ride on and on with no problems other than the wifey saying thats it damn it!
[quote]ORIGINAL: Geoff

The bars look great! Can anyone comment on how comfortable apesare for riding500-mile days. That's how I roll.

!!!!!

Quick Reply: APES INSTALLED---WOW (changed for chumly)