Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric pants "liner"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
JRWFLH
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric pants "liner"

Tried on some electric britches at the harley shop today. The shop lady says these go under your pants to be worn like long johns. But... these felt like they would be more comfortable and usable if worn over top of a pair of jeans - like a rainsuit.
Anyone use them like that? how do they work. if I wear them on the outside its XL and if underneath I better go with just a large. otherwise I would just buy a pair and try them.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: electric pants "liner"

The liners I have are designed to be worn under some type of wind proof pants or chaps. I have Gerbings which I believe makes the Harley brand. I may be wrong.
The closer the liner is to your skin, the more heat you feel. The more windproof your pants are, the more heat you will feel also.
I wear mine under jeans and wear chaps over that. Works great. i may also look to buy some leather pants so my crotch area is more windproof when it is really cold. I also have windproof raingear that I can wear.
Steve L.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Yeah, the heated liners are designed to be worn under your outer pants, I find it best to wear something between your skin and the liners, long johns, under armour, or simular liners....rain pants over the heated liners also works well, Frogg Toggs are windproof and do a fine job or your Harley rain pants.
This holds true for the jacket liner too, long sleeve t-shirt, then the jacket liner and a good jacket over it...

Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 AM
JRWFLH
Intermediate

They just seemed they would be too bulky under a pair of Levi's but maybe not... guess im gonna have to get a pair and try it out. the cold is here and I caught a hell of a case of crud out riding in it, so Ive vowed to go electric...

Old 11-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got down to about 30 degrees last night...Just had to try out all my heated gear. I have a Gerbings pants liner, jacket liner, socks and the G3 gloves with the dual portable controller. I wore the pants liner under a pair of jeans with leather over pants, jacket liner over a long sleeved t-shirt with leather jacket. I was quite toasty too and very comfortable on the interstate ride. As far as the gloves...Either they are not working real well or possibly too good as my hands were cold after about 25 miles, they did not feel really warm like the liners did. My hands were kind of clammy and I could see a sheen when the gloves were removed from what I ***-u-me was sweat. I plan to call Gerbings and ask about the gloves and the warmth level I should feel compared to the liners.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Lpye
Road Captain

I have Gerbing overpants. They work great, I have been in 20 degree weather and stayed confortable. They are easy on and off. Even in moderate cool weather they are good to block cold air without turning them on.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM
ndotken
Road Captain

I agree with Lpye. I have the overpants and just wear them over jeans. I have never gotten cold when wearing them ... even with temps down into the low-to-mid 30's. When I get where I'm going, they come off very easily and store in the Tour Pak.