Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn curved license plate frame

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM
earl b
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn curved license plate frame

I have a 07 street glide and I am having a hard time getting to the bolts to take the light bracket off. Has anyone else had this problem ? I set up on a jack thing the tire would move enought to be able to reach the bolts but it didn't help. Do I need to find someone with smaller hands?

Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kuryakyn curved license plate frame

I ended up using a flex head ratchet wrench. Made the job much easier, especially with the bike lifted off of the ground.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
cowboyglide
Banned

ORIGINAL: earl b

I have a 07 street glide and I am having a hard time getting to the bolts to take the light bracket off. Has anyone else had this problem ? I set up on a jack thing the tire would move enought to be able to reach the bolts but it didn't help. Do I need to find someone with smaller hands?
You can remove the 2 screws holding the lens on and then remove the screws holding the housing on.
Now you can reach through the hole in the fender to remove the bolts holding the license plate holder on.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain

Many have commented on this job. Some have gone so far as to remove the taillight and worked through the whole in the fender. A search on the subject will reveal several stories. There were also issues with the first generation of the bracket with breaking too.

Good Luck
FBL

Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM
mopar7
Tourer

Just disassembled a street glide fender last night to have it painted. The bolts have Locktite on them.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
earl b
Novice

Thanks for the help

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
StreetGlide53
Advanced

I just installed it on my 07 FLHX, What a Pain, I used a long handle flex head ratchet and had to jamb the flex head straight, One click at a time to get the bolts out, The 2 small bolts that hold the bracket onto the light bar on the new piece didn't quite line up so I had to drill the bracket holes a bit bigger.I had my girlfriend start the bolts inside the fender as my big fat hands did not fit to well between the fender and tire.I almost let the air out of the tire but thank god I changed my mind on that thought! about 3 hours later it was done!!I changed the Light Bar on my 02 Roadking and had no problem at all. Why did I sell it????

Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser

I did it about two weeks ago and it was a major pain in the ***. I had the exact problems as Streetglide 53. One click at a time with a flex ratchet....and had to grind down the bracket to make the bolt holes line up. I got so mad that I stood up....kicked the s**t out of my John Deere Gator and hurt my foot. I emailed Kuryakyn and told them that the bolt holes didn't line up.

Jon

Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 AM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Call the Dealer, its a pain..........But well worth the looks!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

It's really not hard at all, but the best approach is to remove the tail light. Pull the two lens screws, two larger screws holding the light assembly to the fender, remove the 3-4 connectors, then pull the lens out of the fender. The large hole created gives you ample room to remove the two bolts for the license frame. Give yourself 30 min. for the whole job.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn curved license plate frame