Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall racing brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Lyndall racing brakes

I just wanted to pass this on to everyone regarding Lyndall Racing Brakes and my great experience with them recently. I will try to condense the story. Last march or april I purchased not directly from Lyndall a set of rear pads for my 04 RKC, I cleaned the caliper and pistons as outlined on their website and cleaned the rotor up, the brakes in the rear worked much better than the stock ones,better feel and much less braking noise and especially almost no dust,after a couple thousand miles they started squealing again so I removed and cleaned again and no more sounds. I really liked the pads and was and am still happy. Again the squeal started so I emailed Lyndall to ask if there was anything else to do, I received a response detailing I could call and speak to Paul so I called, no return, called again for a week and no return so I send a smart *** email to them regarding the lack of response to which I received the reply it was inventory time and they were closed and they were sorry to not reply bto me and thanked me for my patience,so I kinda felt like an *** and they said to send a copy of receipt, make, model etc and they would help me out, well I had no receipt so figured I was SOL. I called and spoke to Paul just to see what else I might try and he first off asked my mailing address so he could send me a replacement set, I told him this is not whatI was looking for at alland his reply was when you purchase a product from Lyndall you not only buy the product you buy the company too and he was happy to send me a replacement set. He also gave me another couple things to check when I replace the pads and the main one is to use some shim stock to tighten up the fitment where the slots or ?? whatever they are on the caliper fit to the swingarm as this is likely the cause of the high pitch intermittent scream I get. So my problem is most likely not from the pads but the bike yet Paul is sending me a replacement set and was quite nice and friendly to deal with and we talked for some time about different rotors and such which I will now be saving to get from them.Anyhow this is long winded and sorry to bore you with this but I wanted to pass this on about what a first rate outfit Lyndall Racing Brakes has been for me, just one smart *** out here,and from now on all my braking need monies will be spent with them. Bigheadted.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: Lyndall racing brakes

Good product,good company

Old 11-15-2007, 02:50 PM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was trying to decide what brakes to get and Lyndall was on the short list.You just made my decision (or Lyndall did with this level of service). Wish more companies were like that!

Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

.................which is the exact reason I use Lyndall brake pads AND recommend them to customers.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts

I went the full Lyndall route (composite rotors and pads) and they're awsome...

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/A409DC1FE6CB471C9122C4D6895CE429.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

I just spoke to Paul today and he just got back from Mexico after 2 weeks. We are going to do a T-Shirt thing again (remember last year?) just for this Forum only. May ask Amanda (your Monitor who keeps this place together) if we can use the HDFouums Logo. I am goin to make em' flashy and cool. Anyhow. I can tell you, not only do I sell them, I use them on my own bikes. I ride as much as I can in S. Florida. It is alot of fun to watch your buddies look over their sholders for you when stoping!

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/96F0911F927D4CF7A64CC2441093D8F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've sold me, bidheadted. Thanks for the info on Lyndall. We need more companies like them.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
GADawgs
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the best place to pick up a set?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 AM
nujohn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lyndall racing brakes.com TheseBrakes are the way too go even put them on my cage

Old 11-16-2007, 08:00 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have never owned a better set of brake pads than Lyndall. Doc

Quick Reply: Lyndall racing brakes