Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall racing brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:55 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Lyndall racing brakes

They are the best thing going for Hot Rod's

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a response I got from Lyndall regarding the new style Z pads.

"Thanks for your questions. We have begun manufacturing the Z-Plus with a gas slot in the friction material to help channel the water that might get into the caliper in the rain. There is no new part number as it is not a new compound.

Alternatively, our Gold Plus is a new part and compound, different from the Gold that has received some recent talk on the forums as lasting half as long as the Z-Plus. The Gold Plus is what we now recommend for wet riding conditions. The Gold Plus, unlike the Gold, requires no break in and lasts as long as the Z-Plus, while still maintaining our braking commitment to no noise and no dust.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Arianna Orner
CFO, General Manager
Lyndall Racing Brakes, LLC
www.lyndallracingbrakes.com"

Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Wes10RG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taterdog,
Thanks for the info as I've been following the post with interest and ready to pull the triggerto replacethe stock pads on my Road Glide. Iwonder who is selling the Gold Plus since even the Lyndall website doesn't mention them, they just have a listing for the Gold pads?

Somewhat related, I talked to Paul earlier this week and he asked if I had changed out my front lines to stainless and recommended I do that before buying his pads. Pretty impressive since he doesn't sell s/s brake lines and told me to spend my money elsewhere first. (Notintending to start another s/s vs OEM brake line thread) Of course now I'm searching "Best s/s brake lines".

Ps - Just got promoted to "Prospect" with this post!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Wes10RG
Tourer

Howard, guess I could have answered my question from the post above about who is selling Gold Plus pads. I went to your cool website and saw the Gold Plus pictured there. Assume you're shipping the Gold Plus pads now?

How about buy 2 sets, get 1 set free LOL. We don't really need to worry about the rear anyway, do we? We are cheap SOBs, aren't we.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wes07RG

Howard, guess I could have answered my question from the post above about who is selling Gold Plus pads. I went to your cool website and saw the Gold Plus pictured there. Assume you're shipping the Gold Plus pads now?

How about buy 2 sets, get 1 set free LOL. We don't really need to worry about the rear anyway, do we? We are cheap SOBs, aren't we.
For HDForums members such as yourself, please do not use the web site for purchase as all who visit my site thru internet advertising buy at the prices indicated. I sponsor this site and give all the members a price not available to the internet user. The only way you can let me know that you are part of this Forum is by calling toll free 1-866-899-5962 and manually placing the order. I publish my own web site and do not know how to make an option for my HDF to buy online also. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience

Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine are new but do not have a gas slot! I'm going to return mine to Cycle Spot and buy the Gold Plus! The last thing I need is water problems.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
nujohn
Tourer

I ride with and thre much better then stock

Old 11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wes07RG

Somewhat related, I talked to Paul earlier this week and he asked if I had changed out my front lines to stainless and recommended I do that before buying his pads. Pretty impressive since he doesn't sell s/s brake lines and told me to spend my money elsewhere first. (Notintending to start another s/s vs OEM brake line thread) Of course now I'm searching "Best s/s brake lines".

Ps - Just got promoted to "Prospect" with this post!
Wes, why did he recommend stainless steel brake lines to use his pads???