Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall racing brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lyndall racing brakes

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

Taterdog I am sorry but Paul is inLas Vegas for the AHDRA Nationals this weekend. When he is with family I do not call him. I will e-Mail him with your question. I do not know how to tell the difference other than just looking at them. The difference would be lost if you went and ordered them online. If you have a vender already, just ask them for a prompt response. I only know what I have.
I don't really have a local vendor that I feel would know the difference, so if you could e-mail him and just post the response whenever he gets back to you, that would work for me. There must be a way to tell the difference between the old and new. Don't want to have stopping problems in the rain. Thanks, bro.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:09 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Thanks for this information...I've been waiting to hear if they had finished their redesign of the Z-pads before recommending them to others. Early this past spring, I'd read some disturbing testimonials on HTT and some other forums about how poorly they responded in the rain....This July I bought the road glide in my sig pic from a friend who'd installed floating rotors and z-pads...THE FIRST TIME I RODE IN THE RAIN, I KNEW THE 'RUMORS' WERE TRUE...THE Z-PADS SUCKED IN THE WET. I have managed since then by planning my stops further in advance and applying pressure to the rotor well in advance to heat up and dry the pad surface before I really NEED them. Unfortunately, thats not good enough in an emergency. I had heard that they were going to 'fix' this problem, but I hadn't heard any news now for months.

I wonder if he'd send me a couple replacement sets even though I am not the original purchaser?

ORIGINAL: Taterdog

For those that have them, do they work well when wet?
Lyndall has just improved the pads for wet. It is a design change that wipes the water away from the rotor. They are incorporated in all new pads (Gold, Red, Z). The R&D never stops.
SeaHag
[ol][*]You should contact your vender who you purchased the pads from. They have a record of your sale. I am sure that your vender will correct the problem and you should give the courtesy to him/other first. I would not like it if my customers went to someone else first. [*]I take personal service very seriously, more so than the actual sale. Without loyal and satisfied customers, I (as a member of the motorcycling community) am useless and not worthy of being here.[*]As far as buying a set of used pads, I think I misunderstood that part so please clarify. [*]I ride all of the time and living in Florida, I get caught in the rain. Not on purpose. I only used Gold’s and have never experienced any problems. That is just my experience. Maybe I do not drive as aggressively as when it is dry. [*]I will ask a friend who starts out in the rain (on purpose), he only missed one day of riding this year due to a minor hurricane. I will let you know how his experience is and post later. He has the old style pads.[*]Let me know about your outcome with your vender personally via posting here on this forum. I am sure the outcome will be positive. You can help other members by posting for all to see and determine the personal service you received. ....H
[/ol]

Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Taterdog I am sorry but Paul is inLas Vegas for the AHDRA Nationals this weekend. When he is with family I do not call him. I will e-Mail him with your question. I do not know how to tell the difference other than just looking at them. The difference would be lost if you went and ordered them online. If you have a vender already, just ask them for a prompt response. I only know what I have.
I don't really have a local vendor that I feel would know the difference, so if you could e-mail him and just post the response whenever he gets back to you, that would work for me. There must be a way to tell the difference between the old and new. Don't want to have stopping problems in the rain. Thanks, bro.
I can not resist the free advertizing (well I pay for it monthly). I give a 10% discount and free shipping for any Lyndall R.B. product to members of this forum over 2 brake pad sets. You must contact me first either by phone or e-mail via my web site. If you order directley through my online-store, there is no way to do it.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,883 Likes on 22,765 Posts

Lyndall Z'sstill squeak. Ferrodo's rule

Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a deal to me, Howard. Just let me know when Paul gets back to you about the new style Z pads, or maybe I can call them next week to find out.

BTW, I looked at your website on the Lyndall Racing Pad page. Are those your kids in the den with the paint? Showed it to my wife and she freaked out! She liked it so much she sent it to my sons to show them that things could always be "worse." Awesome picture! LOL.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Thanks for this information...I've been waiting to hear if they had finished their redesign of the Z-pads before recommending them to others. Early this past spring, I'd read some disturbing testimonials on HTT and some other forums about how poorly they responded in the rain....This July I bought the road glide in my sig pic from a friend who'd installed floating rotors and z-pads...THE FIRST TIME I RODE IN THE RAIN, I KNEW THE 'RUMORS' WERE TRUE...THE Z-PADS SUCKED IN THE WET. I have managed since then by planning my stops further in advance and applying pressure to the rotor well in advance to heat up and dry the pad surface before I really NEED them. Unfortunately, thats not good enough in an emergency. I had heard that they were going to 'fix' this problem, but I hadn't heard any news now for months.

I wonder if he'd send me a couple replacement sets even though I am not the original purchaser?

For those that have them, do they work well when wet?
Lyndall has just improved the pads for wet. It is a design change that wipes the water away from the rotor. They are incorporated in all new pads (Gold, Red, Z). The R&D never stops.
SeaHag [ol][*]You should contact your vender who you purchased the pads from. They have a record of your sale. I am sure that your vender will correct the problem and you should give the courtesy to him/other first. I would not like it if my customers went to someone else first.[*]I take personal service very seriously, more so than the actual sale. Without loyal and satisfied customers, I (as a member of the motorcycling community) am useless and not worthy of being here.[*]As far as buying a set of used pads, I think I misunderstood that part so please clarify.[*]I ride all of the time and living in Florida, I get caught in the rain. Not on purpose. I only used Gold’s and have never experienced any problems. That is just my experience. Maybe I do not drive as aggressively as when it is dry.[*]I will ask a friend who starts out in the rain (on purpose), he only missed one day of riding this year due to a minor hurricane. I will let you know how his experience is and post later. He has the old style pads.[*]Let me know about your outcome with your vender personally via posting here on this forum. I am sure the outcome will be positive. You can help other members by posting for all to see and determine the personal service you received. ....H [/ol]
You must have just scanned my first post...I didn't buy these brake pads. They were put on my new road glide by the previous owner shortly before I took ownership. That is why I was not sure if I'd still be elligible for any kind of warranty.

I have owned a set of Lyndall Gold pads before and as you said they are fantastic...even in the rain. Unfortunately, they cost twice as much and have half the life expectency of the Z-pads.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

SeaHag I chose those Gold’s only for my own application That was my own choice on my own bike. This was not a recommendation of any kind, just my own personal bike. I have a friend as stated before, he has no problem with wet on his Z’s. He has a bone stock 05 Classic braking system. This guy rides every day, rain or shine but no hurricanes. I guess he is scared of 120 mph Palm Frond’s. I am sorry for he confusion and thank you for your clarification of misread post!!!

I will bring this up to Paul via e-Mail. Maybe you should e-Mail him yourself for a faster response. lyndallbrakes@lyndallracingbrakes.com

Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So how do you know if you bought the new redesigned Z pads? I received three sets from Cycle Spot seven days a go.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GADawgs

Where is the best place to pick up a set?
Got mind from Dennis Kirk.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GADawgs

Where is the best place to pick up a set?

www.cyclespot.com $34.95 / set (Thanksgiving Sale) Just ordered 3 sets

Quick Reply: Lyndall racing brakes