Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Shaking-2000 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
PeteM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Shaking-2000 Ultra

I got my "new to me" bike a few weeks back, and noticed that the engine shakes the WHOLE bike as I am coming towards a stop and idling. Have ridden an '89 before and the new bike shakes a lot worse than that one. Did a search on here, found the one about the motor mount, and changed it. Old one didn't "look" bad, but already had the new one anyway.

Problem is the bike still shakes. Not talking about a little vibration, but SHAKES to the point it almost makes your head bobble.

Any ideas?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Engine Shaking-2000 Ultra

[:-]....i bet yours is one of the bad ones....there's a bulletin about shaking....call the dealer

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

Hi Pete,

I'm still in the Honeymoon phase with my bike and I've read similar discussions on here about this issue. If I recall correctly my 08 Classic has a stabilizer bar going from near the top of my front jug to the frame which I think was added for the concern you're reporting. You might do a search on vibration on touring bike s and pick up the link.

Good luck,

Jim

Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

mine shakes like crazy but looks awesome!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

[:-]is it still shakin ... gotta be broke

Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

oh no...this is a bump....as this post needs to be seen....its indicative of the new HDF....i love it....my motor is shakin[sm=confused06.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're bad Bryan

Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM
PeteM
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

oh no...this is a bump....as this post needs to be seen....its indicative of the new HDF....i love it....my motor is shakin[sm=confused06.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Glad ya enjoy it!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

take no offense....here's why it shakes....you have a TC88...it does not have balanced flywheels like on a softail....our baggers are rubber mounted engines....mounts are on the front bottom(you changed that one), on the top( double ended hiem used to align the drivetrain and hold the engine), & thru the lower rear tranny case(connected to motor by 4 big bolts and the primary)...that mount is actually the swingarm pivot bolt....it goes thru the tranny and locates the rear of the drivetrain as well as serves as the locator and pivot for the swingarm....bc are motors are rubber mounted, they shake....bc our motors are not the TC88B(balanced) and are not internally balanced, they shake....some worse than others depending on tune and other things.....its normal....meant to shake....its also a joke amoung some of us here that "hey, youre motor's shakin"(ususally pointed out at a stoplite)....vibration is a different thing and a problem....you said it dont vibrate...your bike should shake at idle, smooth out under power, & not vibrate or buzz the pegs or grips....there you have it

Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
PeteM
Cruiser

No offense taken. Hell, I drive a Heep (Jeep) so am used to stuff being "funky".

This just seemed excessive to me was all. No vibration, just shakes. Guess I am just used to the older stuff. Didin't move like this. Now that I understand, no biggie. Just fire and ride.

Quick Reply: Engine Shaking-2000 Ultra