Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more exhaust question!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
texasmail1962
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more exhaust question!!

I have a 2007 Harley Ultra. I am wanting to add a thundermax fuel managment system, a new air breather, and a exhaust system. I was wanting to go with a true duals system, but do not want to lose any power. Was thinking about buying wild pigs slip-ons. I want to keep two exhaust pipes, I don't really like just having one exaust. The question is. Is the stock header ok? Or should I buy a different one? If yes, a suggestion would be a big help. My first Harley, so really new to this.

Thank you

Old 11-15-2007, 12:03 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: One more exhaust question!!

My experience with exhaust systems showed me the best setup is the stock headers. The retreating cylinder helps to scavage the exhaust from the power stroke, and results in good low end torque. I tried the true dual setup and noticed a decrease in torque. This on an 02 Ultra, with Stage I air cleaner and download.

My 07 pulls like a freight locomotive and I am not motivated at all to change a thing. I would think the slipons would maybe give you a louder sound if that is what you want. I wouldn't bother with the rest. From what I read on these forums, the fuel controllers only reduce your mileage and cool the engine a bit. Instead, consider the mid frame heat shields, either Harley, Kuryakin, or RS Originals. I have the Harley ones and they work just fine keeping the heat away from my wife's legs and my crotch.

BTW, welcome to the world of Harley Davidson. The unique thing about them is every one can just about have their very own personal motorcycle. Have fun with it.[8D]

Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I did true duals because of the heat issue on my right leg. I added an air cleaner, PCIII, and ovals to increase fuel and air flow to help cool the engine. I also wanted the Harley sound. It I sacrficed some torque, I can't tell. The stage 1 and the true duals accomplished my goals. The engine runs stronger and cooler and my thighs are not burning. The bike has more power than stock for sure and I don't need a dyno to tell me that. Mission accomplished.
Steve L.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
fxr_george
Cruiser

I put a D&D fat cat 2:1 header on mine with the SE 103 kit.
I like it so far, but keep in mind I like a 2:1 exhaust on a HD.
I helps out all the way around.
Ok probably not if you run your bike at 5,500(plus)rpm all day long

Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 AM
harley_504
Cruiser

like many other post it will depend on what you like