Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Propipe on baggers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Propipe on baggers?

I'm gonna go and talk to Bart one of these days and go with the Fatcat. In the meantime I'm gonna keep an eye open for one and hear what one sounds like.

CN

Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilM

That's different.... I have not seen or used that one. The baffle is totally different. It may not have the problems I experienced in the past.

One thing about the PP is that it does have a nice sound ~ at least the old ones did.

As far as sound change on the FatCat .... really only compression & cams make a difference, but it is still fundementally the same. Love it or hate it.....
Definately goes to show you beauty (or sound in this case) is certainly in the eye/ear of the beholder! A friend had the ProPipe on his 03 Road Glide, and I thought it sounded very raspy, not near as deep as the Thunderheaders (which another friend I ride with had on his RK!) The PP is a great looking and decent performing pipe though.....

Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BAGGERDSM

Well, i am a propipe HS fan myself. I have had it for 8k miles and it had not discolored at all. If you do get a propipe, DO NOT get the bp version. Its a lot more restrictive than the HS version.

I do love the fatcat as well and will be trying one out soon as they make a black version. The only turn off for me for the FC is the rear pipe. I know its what makes the tq curves but on some models it can be a little much IMHO.
[align=right][/align]
BINGO...I too have a PP HS...the look, sound, and performance have always appealed to me; but there was a thread over on the VTF in which a bunch of dyno tuners advised people to stay away from the 'new' V&H ProPipe "blue-proof"...The baffle is not the same, and is NOT interchangeable with the old baffles. If you have any kind of good performance work, this pipe will set you back. You're better off to fit the old HS style pipe and weld your own oxygen sensor bungs on.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

I recently bought a pro pipe but havent installed it yet. was wondering how loud this pipe will be. I just bagged my se mufflers because there too loud on long rides, and from the looks of this pipe it may be louder.big hole all the way thru the "muffler".I saw on the v&h site they have a quiet baffle any thoughts on that?,,,

Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was talkin to a dude at Woods performance yesterday. Was talkin to him about cams and pipes. Was telling him about the Fatcat I had on my Wg and what I was thinkin about puttin on my EGS . Was saying I was thinkin about a FatCat. He said the Supertrapp is a little better pipe. Anybody tried a supertrapp 2in1 on their bagger.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM
hoz88
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those guys at Woods seem to know what they are talking about. I would like to hear some feedback on the Supertrapp as well.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They was explaining to me about how the supertrapp would pull better in certain rpm ranges that other 2in1's would lag a little. I'm lookin at gittin a Woods TW6-6 cam in my 08 as soon as TM comes out with a update on their software for the 08's with DBW. Gonna stick a Big sucker air kit. Will probaly go with the rush 1 3/4 slip on cause I'm on a budget. I notised that supertrapp has slip on's too after he was talkin about them.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a ProPipe on my '07 Roadie and love it. I've used D&D before, but decided to go with the ProPipe this time and have no complaints. What ever pipe you use, get some Fuel Management System. If your just doing Stage 1 and pipe, the V&H FuelPak will work great.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 AM
avcaruso
Road Captain
Received 1,315 Likes on 176 Posts

Guy's - I am really on the fence regarding the 2 into 1 vs. true duals because of looks only. If looks were out, I would have a 2 into 1 no questions. Can you guy's post some pic's of the back and left side of the bike? I never see these pic's and really want to see the look of an Electraglidewith a 2 into 1 and no pipe on the left.

Thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought the PP sounded alittle tiny while at idle but then it would wake up once it got to movin. Oh by the way 25,000 miles and my 2-1 Thunderheader still looks new... No Bluing for me......

Quick Reply: Propipe on baggers?